What's new

Swan Diva 6.1 vs. Paradigm Studio 100 (1 Viewer)

TimothyH

Auditioning
I'm looking for a 3-way tower speaker that would integrate well with my Denon 3801 and SVS 20-39cs+. I noticed that the Paradigm will need decidedly more power than the Denon will be to cooly produce. What are the opinions on these or any other speakers for around $1000-1500?

PomingF

Second Unit
Steve Zimmerman posted his review b/w thw two speakers not too long ago. Do a search either under his name or the two speakers in the post content. Others to consider would be PSB, NHT, Mirage, Def Tech, B&W, etc. It's time to go listen to as many as you can.

PF

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
I tested both the Swan Diva 6.1s and the PS100s with an AVS forum friend about a month ago I guess. We listened to the speakers WITHOUT a subwoofer, primarily. We both own the Divas now :)
The Paradigms are very nice speakers. I heard them powered by a 200WPC amp costing more than I paid for my receiver, speakers, and subwoofer combined. I don't know if that made a difference or not, but the dealer was of the opinion that for 2 channel listening w/o a sub it was highly recommended to have separate high power amplification.
If you live in Canada, the Paradigms are hard to beat. If you live in the US, the Diva 6.1s are my bang-for-buck vote.
BTW, I have a Denon 2801 and an SVS CS Ultra to go with my Divas and life is VERY, VERY good :)
--Steve

TimothyH

Auditioning
Cool! Hey thanks a lot fellas! Out of curiosity, how do you think the Diva's would match up to my current Infinity Overture 3's?....and Are you guys using Diva's for center and surround as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks