Swan Black Cherry?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MichaelPR, Feb 7, 2005.

1. MichaelPR

MichaelPR Second Unit

I am currently running an all Paradigm setup. I have Titans up front, Atoms in the back, a CC-170 for the center and an PB10-ISD. I do not have an extremely large listening area at all and I have very low cellings.

My Question is what is the main difference between the black cherry swans and their rosewood counterparts? Is it an extremely audible difference? And how would these speakers compare to my current setup? I'm looking at the 2.1, C3 and R2 all in BC. Should I really be looking to go more with the Rosewood? Any input would be great! Thanks in advance. Also do these speakers sound relatively harsh at the top like the Paradigms? Sometimes the CC-170 just grates on me at higher listening volumes.

2. Mike^S

Mike^S Stunt Coordinator

The rosewood and the black cherry sound exactly the same. They just look different.

3. MichaelPR

MichaelPR Second Unit

Really that is AWESOME!! eheh. Can't wait for that tax refund to come!

4. MichaelPR

MichaelPR Second Unit

Next question....the R2s are 4 ohms would they be friendly with my Denon AVR1705 rated at 8 ohms? And how do these compare to my Paradigms?

5. Nhan_H

Nhan_H Second Unit

No difference in sound...just looks, like was said above. According to the Audioinsider website, Black Cherry is simulated wood veneer, whereas Rosewood is real wood veneer. Hence the difference in prices.

6. DavidCooper

DavidCooper Stunt Coordinator

Go over the othe audioinsider forum...I have posted a lot of 2.1/C3 reviews over there.

I went from Paradigm Mini-monitors and the CC-370 to the Swan set up.