What's new

SW faces LD plus others plus Pioneer player (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Pioneer LD-V2200 Laserdisc player for sale. This is just a basic laserdisc player so there’s no DD or DTS outputs. You also have to turn the discs over by hand. Just a composite video output jack and a pair of analog audio output jacks, plus a jack for a barcode reader and computer interface. Unit plays CAV and CLV disks with analog and digital soundtracks. Comes with users manual and wireless remote, although I can’t get the remote to work.

Player comes with the following laserdiscs:

Star Wars (faces THX)
The Empire Strikes Back (faces THX)
Return of the Jedi (faces THX)
Jurassic Park CAV letterbox set
Great Expectations (1997) letterbox
Montreax Jazz Festival Vols. 5, 7, and 8
Raiders of the Lost Ark letterbox
The Wind and The Lion letterbox
The Agony and The Ecstasy letterbox
The Battle of Britain letterbox

I’m asking $100 plus shipping if you don’t pick it up. Please email me at [email protected] rather than HTF PM.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I should note that the 'bare bones' nature of the player doesn't interfere with the enjoyment of the SW 'faces' THX set: it's just DPL (no DD or DTS tracks on this version).

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I should note that all discs play well, except I can't vouch for the Great Expectations. It's still sealed. I got it on a close-out sale expecting it to be the David Lean version, not the turkey recent production.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
How much would shipping be? When you said there was no DD onboard, if you have an external DD processor, would that produce a DD signal?

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Kain,

The Faces discs are encoded in Dolby Pro Logic, so an external processor/demodulator won't be of any use in this case. However, the DPL track might be pleasantly tweaked with the use of DPLII(x), if your receiver has that feature. Either way, don't let the lack of DD/DTS deter you from getting these LDs; of all the Star Wars discs, these are the best. And I'm not even related to Dennis. Cheers.

DS.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Kain,

You can calculate the UPS cost by going to their website and plugging in 41 pounds (player 22 lbs, discs 15 lbs, box and foam 4 lbs) with shipping from San Jose 95124 to your address. In this case, UPS ground to zip 29301 would be $46.

I'm thinking this is a better deal for local pickup.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
FedEx Ground is almost $10 cheaper for that (before insurance). I use that exclusively for shipping now and don't regret switching from UPS one single bit.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Actually I prefer FedEx myself...their office down by the airport is open until 8-9 PM, unlike UPS who bars their doors at 5 PM.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks