What's new

SVS20-39 or 16-46??? (1 Viewer)

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
Ok I like to have all bass freq. covered when listening to DVD Movies/Music, which tends to make me go toward the 16-46 but I hear it's 2dbs less then the 20-39. Isn't an increase in 3dbs like doubling the sound? This leads me to belive that the 39 hits you harder then the 46 which goes lower(2 46's would solve this). I've just started to get into Home Audio but I am pretty good at car audio 157db in there :) Any Suggestions?

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Joel;

The 16-46 is a loud sub, and unless you have a very large room, I doubt that you won't be able to get the kind of SPLs you require out of it, especially with the new driver. It's just that the 20-39 model is a little louder. You're right when you say that the 20-39s will hit a little harder.

In your case, I say you should decide if you're more interested in volume or bass extension, and go with the sub that will get you what you want.

Oh, and 157 dBs? Is this for real or are you making it up? That's a helluva loud system. Remind me never to take a ride with you.

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
It makes me so sick that I can listen to it for no more then 10 seconds. Won Comps with it
4 Tempests
2 JBL1200
Ported to 25hz
3 layers sound deadening
Hoalt
Isolating all the rattles was the tough part. It's all in the install :)

Damon W

Grip
...and the 25-31CS+ are about 2 or 3 dbs louder than the 20-39CS+. I have a pretty large room (13x25) so I went with the 25-31s to get the maximum bang for the buck. Did I agonize over my decision? Yes (sorry Tom). Am I happy with it in the end - absolutely. I couldn't imagine giving up 2 or 3 dbs just to get 5Hz of extension. I really wish I could get another 6db or so. :D

Users who are viewing this thread