What's new

SVS winner needs opinions (1 Viewer)

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Chris - I have the same speaker setup as you (M7, CC350 and Minis) and an SVS 20-39PC. Also, for the record, my receiver has a fixed 100Hz crossover as well but I won't address that problem.
While you can't go wrong with any of the size choices you may be happiest with the 16-46. The loss of dBs is minimal and probably isn't a factor unless you frequently listen at reference levels. The extension on the 20-39 fills most anyone's needs but since you've got the choice, go for the gusto!
The idea of asking Tom & Ron to let you upgrade to the PC series is a good one. The plate amp on this model has a variable low pass crossover and should fit all your needs. If you go the route of buying a plate amp separately and building a box for it I recommend the AVA250 Amplifier from Adire which has a very mild 1dB (probably unnoticeable) bass boost at 25Hz. By the way, the boost on the SVS plate amp is switch-able.
Oh, I almost forgot, congratulations! I'm sure you'll be thrilled with whatever you choose.

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
To answer several questions above: Ron has kindly agreed to allow me to trade up to a powered 16-46PC. I will most likely try to sell my PS-1000 to make up the difference in cost. Know anyone who wants one? I know... wrong forum.

I was very impressed with Ron's advice. He gave me many options to do things on my own, and actually advised me to drive it with my existing Nakamichi receiver. However, I really want an adjustable cross-over and the nak is a bit of a hassle (noisy fan, big, no auto-start, etc). It's refreshing to see this rather than the usual "I'll tell you anything you want to hear if you give us your money" that goes along with B&M stores.

Chris

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Chris:

Good choice. You are going to be one happy camper!!

Send me the details on your sub and I will put it up on the User Subwoofers page in the Hardware For Sale/Trade area.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks