What's new

SVS vs Shiva vs HSU vs Tannoy PS115 (my current one) .. need advice (1 Viewer)

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
I knwo there are a million thread but search is down and the threads dont answer what i want..
I currently own a Tannoy PS115 sub.. this sub uses a 15" drive and has 2 ports (i think each is 3" or so).. what I've found is during some really bassy scenes (like the intro in the new Superbits version of Fifth Element), the sub seems to have trouble.. it "farts" .. .. someone told me that this is because the sub cant move all that air through the ports that are there and since the ports arent flared it causes this effect. So now i'm thinking, i love DIY stuff and the price is better if you DIY.. so i went to audio review and one of teh best rated subs is the Shiva.. what i'm wondering is for the price of it (plus materials to build it + amp for it), is it better than the competition from SVS or HSU (considering u dont have to "build" a HSU :)).. and more importantly, is it better than my Tannoy. My listening room is 22' x 21', the floor is carpeted concret (basement), so there isnt much resonance... any advice / links / threads will be appreciated
thanks
------------------
-Mike (aka Fiddler)
My DVD's

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
Oh.. one more thing.. what about sticking a Tempest driver into the Tannoy enclosure? any thoughts on that?
------------------
-Mike (aka Fiddler)
My DVD's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks