SVS vs Rocket anyone?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by RaviK, Jun 3, 2004.

1. RaviK

RaviK Agent

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has an idea on how the Rocket UFW-10 would stack up to a comparable SVS sub (say PB1 or 25-31 PCi). I think one has a 10" driver and the other has a 12" driver, but they are priced in the same $600 range. I've listened to the UFW and it sounded really tight and good. Didn't have a chance to audition the SVS sub. Any thoughts on this?

2. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

I don't know if anyone has done that yet but it would be interesting. I am waiting for their (AV123) ultra sub to come out to try next to my PB2+. Its gonna be neat when any of these shootouts happen....

3. John Tami

John Tami Stunt Coordinator

Small Room and more Music oriented...Rocket.

Bigger room with HT ambitions (Movies) then SVS easy. The little Rocket is an excellent performer, but a sealed 120" just cant get down low.

You can find a good review of the Rocket vs some other units (no SVS cause they are backed up right now) and "The Home Theater Spot" review forum.

If you like Movies...and Music..hard to beat SVS. My $600 20-39PCi can handle those 16Hz goodies with ease and decent SPL....my entire house shakes! Yet on my Music it can give me shivers too...best addition to my system easy!