What's new

SVS vs. Paradigm (Opinions) (1 Viewer)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
I will just comment that I recently had a bad experience with Paradigm customer service. Six weeks to replace a blown tweeter!!

Ron_L

Second Unit
Judging paradigm subs by their PDR or Ps-1*** series is just plain wrong and shameful.

Give the Pw-2200 or Servo15 a shot.

Terry St

Second Unit
At american prices I'd go with Hsu or SVS. If you can make the trip North of the border then the Servo-15 is highly competitive in output, quality, and price with similarily priced units from Hsu and SVS. I demo'd a Servo-15 and a Hsu VTF-3 in my house and sent the Hsu back.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
The Ps-1000 and 1200 are bandpass boomfests, even the lowest-priced SVS models are easily preferable.

If you can make the trip North of the border then the Servo-15 is highly competitive in output, quality, and price with similarily priced units from Hsu and SVS.
If we assume the Canadian price for the Servo-15, which SVS model at that price would you say it is "highly competitive in output" with?

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I have PW 2200 an like it. I had a PDR 12 before and compared it to the PS series. I thought the PDR was BETTER! Even my local Paradigm dealer steered me away from the PS series. He told me if I was thinking of upgrading from the PDR go to the PW 2200 OR stay with the PDR. You know a sub doesn't perform well when a sales person tells you to NOT upgrade when he could have a sale.

Now I am in Canada so SVS is not an option for me (exchange shipping duty etc). I have no reason to think that an SVS wouldn't blow away a PS series and very well could be better than the PW 2200.

Please take an SVS to the dealer and do the comparision and post what happens. I'd LOVE to hear (maybe a digital pic of the look on his face) his response when the SVS toasts the PS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks