What's new

SVS vs. Infinity? (1 Viewer)

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Would a SVS PB2 ISD be enough of a signifigant upgrade over two stacked Infinity IL120S subs set up with Infinity's RABOS system as to justify the approximate $950 price tag (including shipping)?
Opinions please, and thanks in advance.

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
It depends on how important is to you to reach below about 26Hz with authority. I own the IL100S and a big bad Tempest sub. I like very much the big monster (Tempest) but I also enjoy A LOT listening to the little Infinity.

With the RABOS kit you are as close as you can be to have really tight and accurate bass in your room, the only thing you are missing is a bit of extension.

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Thanks Manuel. The Infinitys are very "musical" and "tight". Dare I say that two of them stacked are perhaps the equal of a PB2 ISD except only in ultimate low end extension out to (and past) 20 HX?

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
Without in room SPL numbers it is impossible to tell, my guess is that the SVS will kick louder, but not that much. It is really up to you, what you have is good enough (for the mayority this is), but maybe you feel the need for a little more punch, and extension...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks