SVS vs DIY sub?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by bernard&*, Apr 13, 2004.

1. bernard&*

bernard&* Stunt Coordinator

hi good day! I do love Svs but it is impossible to have it(interms of money,here in manila philippines it tripple the price due to shipping cost)
    my option is to build a DIY sub, but i want to know how well is going to be as compared to SVS ,so pls give some comment about this thread.also i read on other forum that there is only two great sub ,first is DIY the second is SVS.i want to kow why.[​IMG]

2. Alex_P

Alex_P Stunt Coordinator

Bernard,

I haven't heard any SV Subs be4, but I really like the sealed Tempest that I built 2 months ago. I replied to you on the other post. You can get my freq responses and compare w/ some of the SVS freq responses. Eventhough the room acoustic might be diff from rooms to rooms, at least you have some idea about it. I have it setup in a 15x15x9 room with 2 opennings (hall and kitchen). With a lil time and patient, you build it...

Alex,

3. bernard&*

bernard&* Stunt Coordinator

thanks Alex for the time spend answering my thread. Is this DIY sub(tempest 15") can manage all the demo movie(dvd)presented by SVS how curious i am.

4. TimForman

TimForman Supporting Actor

The real issue isn't whether you can build a sub that sounds as good as the SVS but can you do it for less than the cost of the SVS. What drivers are available to you at a reasonable cost in Manila? Do you have the T/S parameters? I think we in the U.S. get used to the idea of having all these choices available to us and forget that many places in the world do not.