What's new

SVS Ultras. One or Two? Maybe even B-4+ (1 Viewer)

John Doran

Screenwriter
Hi Demas,

...but the B4+ with all ports closed should be most interesting to say the least.Do you find any noticable difference when all ports closed with bass flicks?
you're not actually supposed to block all the ports - only 3 port-plugs accompany the B4, so i assume that at least one port needs to remain open.

i've actually only tried the B4 with all ports opened (25hz tune) and two plugged (16hz tune). there was a noticeable filling-out of the bass when i lowered the tune to 16hz from 25hz, even if a large part of that was the addition of tactile/infrasonic bass.

i haven't tried the third plug, which would take it down to 9hz, but, for me at least, the gains down in the 5-16hz range are outweighed by the losses in the 20-30hz range, since tuning it down compromises maximum output at those frequencies.

i tried with just one plug briefly (20hz tune), but not enough to determine how much of a difference there was. i am going to be upgrading my mains pretty soon, and i figure i'll do a frequency response graph for both the 20hz and 16hz tunes at that time.

i haven't bottomed-out the B4 at 16hz yet, though, and i've had it really, really loud - somewhere close to reference. nor has the bass been anything less than crystal clear.

i'd still like to get another one, though....

- jd

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks