What's new

SVS Ultra Users (1 Viewer)

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
HAs anyone who has a Ultra series Sub ever bottemed it out? The Driver used in that thing looks beefy as all Hell and looks like it can take some serious pounding.

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
I recently(within the last week)picked a twin Ultra setup and Samson S1000 up, and I have layed into these. I have never bottomed it out:)
Fred

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Hey fred i saw on another board that you ordered these ultras. How are things going with them, have you done alot of demos with different DVDs and music. How big is your room for these monsters.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I have a single Ultra w/Samson S1000 and I've never bottomed out. My Samson S1000 will start clipping before that happens.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I have the S1000/Dual-Ultra combo with the original drivers and have never bottomed them out. I believe the room would cave in first.

MarcW

Agent
There is a review of the new TV-12 driver for the Ultras at the Spot. The guy claims that the THX trailer on Phantom Menace bottoms out his 2 Ultras with the older driver but not with the new one.

-MarcW

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
"Hey fred i saw on another board that you ordered these ultras. How are things going with them, have you done alot of demos with different DVDs and music. How big is your room for these monsters. "
I love these new subs:) IMHO it was money well spent. I have everyone that visits my home down to hear them, and they aren't expecting the couch to practically move:D
They are unreal for movies, and I love them for music just as much. They just chill until they are called upon, and then it hits you in the chest. I havent even had time to play with the port plug yet, although I am sure that will also be a fun experience.
My room is 7ft by 8ft.
HAHA, just kidding(if that was the case, I would be deaf now).
My room is 18/27, but I only use half of this room for the theatre:)
Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks