SVS to Europe

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Erik Fornander, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Erik Fornander

Erik Fornander Auditioning

Nov 19, 2000
    I live in Sweden and was wondering if anyone know how long it usually takes to ship a SVS sub across the Atlantic to Europe or most specifically to Sweden?

I also want to know if the internal PCi amps and Samson amps is compatible with the 220 Volts we have in Sweden? I guess I need to buy some sort of converter so the plug will fit into the power outlet.

Thank you,

2. Mats Kellberg

Mar 21, 2001
    Hi, fellow Swede (not the vegetable though [​IMG] )
    I don't know whether or not the amps deleivered along with the subs have a voltage switch, but you could always order the amp (if you want a Samson) from Ljudia, or buy it elsewhere in Sweden - that way you would know you got the correct voltage rating (which by the way 230V).
    Try mailing SVS your inquiry - I'm sure they can provide you with an accurate answer.
    Regarding the PCi, if it is only specified for 120V I believe it wouldn't be worth extra cost of getting a 120V to 230V voltage transformer, it would most likely be costly in order to be able to cope with the required current.
  3. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Jun 2, 2001
    The PCi subwoofers are factory selectable to 220V. The old PC amp had a user accesable switch but new PCi amp does not. So no need to get a transformer, just tell us you'll be using it in Sweden and we'll do the rest.

We'd need your complete address for an accurate shipping quote in either cost or time. Our typical overseas carrier will have it to you in just a few days however. E-mail us if you have any further questions. We generally get to e-mail long before we have time to visit the forums!