What's new

SVS...Think inside this box! (1 Viewer)

jaydee

Stunt Coordinator
I have a few words to describe the new SVS PB1-ISD boxed sub...BANG, POW, BOOM and WOW!

After calling SVS and talking to Eric, we set mine up together and I'm thrilled. It rocks da howse! The PB1 is adding support to my 16-46 PCi. After I turned off my PCi, I realized I could probably stand on the box alone (sans 16-46).

Bigger than I thought. I can use it as an end table which takes care of many problems, but not too big that it is noticable.

Ron and the crew have done a wonderful job.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

jaydee

Stunt Coordinator
ChadLB:

A comparison of what? The 2 SV'S? Was that advertising spam yours?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Jaydee,

Yes comparison...or how about how is the box style one.

What is --- Was that advertising spam yours?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
If you are talking when you went to my web stuff no....it is called free web hosting and that is what comes with it....unfortunately.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Jaydee,

I'm curious to know what you think of the PB-1 next to the 16-46PCi too. This is one of the most common questions I get right now...so having an acutal customer I could quote will be a big help...:)

Tom V.
SVS

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto.

The big question:

Are the box subs as accurate as the cylinders?

That's what I, and I'm sure a few others want to know. Can a few extra bucks from my pocket get me comparable (or identical??) performance along with the benefits of less intrusive speaker?

I love my sub (25-31 PCi) to death, but the idea of the same performance from a more aesthetically pleasing unit is tempting.

jaydee

Stunt Coordinator
Below are some of my remarks regarding the sub. I guess I'm not equipped with the electronic tools to tell how accurate they are in a comparison. I use "the Force " to tell me what sounds best. As I've said many times before, what I hear from a speaker isn't necessarily what you will hear. Both have some of the tightest bass I've ever heard. I demo'd a few subs before I bought the SVS and I realize I made the right choice. Aesthetics? Depends on what your lookin for. The box has a larger footprint. The PCi has a cloth material surrounding it. I left the PCi up front because it seems a little more decorative to me. The box is behind several pieces of furniture and doubles as an end table.

Bigger than I thought. I can use it as an end table which takes care of many problems, but not too big that it is noticable. I have a few words to describe the new SVS PB1-ISD boxed sub...BANG, POW, BOOM and WOW! It rocks da howse! The PB1 is adding support to my 16-46 PCi. After I turned off my PCi, I realized I could probably stand on the box alone (sans 16-46).

16-46 vs. PB1-ISD? Can't lose with either...I chose both!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks