What's new

Svs T-shirt (1 Viewer)

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if i should wear my new SVS t-shirt to the high end audio shop here in town(chuckle,chuckle)!
I wonder if they would know who SVS are and not offer to sell me anything because they'd already know the subs they have in their store were inferior:D
SHOULD I?
I could always offer them a listen of my twin 16-46cs+/samson combo,but then they may be embarrassed
to sell the stuff they got!:eek:
LOL.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
You'd be surprised. Outside of the internet audio enthusiasts, Hsu, and much less, SVS, are not commonly known.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Actually it would probably spark a comment but they would probably think it was like for a car sub which are so popular now.....

Vincent_S

Second Unit
CurtisSC, you are so right. My buddy is very knowledgable on audiophile/home theater equipment. Well, he reads a lot of magazines that is and definitely knows what the good brands are. When I told him I ordered an SVS all he said was "What's that?". I tried to explain but all he said was I should have asked him before I bought and that I could have spent my money better.:rolleyes:I lost some respect for him that day;)

P.S. He had never heard of Canare either.

Tim Ranger

Stunt Coordinator
I'm betting that most salespeople won't know who SVS is. Those who do will likely try to minimize it because they can't make money off of it.

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
SVS needs to approach their T-shirts like they approach their subs...with GUSTO! The fabric needs to be much heavier and come in different colors!

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Also, the thing that's keeping me from buying one is that they only ship ground which the website states is $5.40. Kinda hard to swallow, paying ~$20 for a t-shirt.

Love the product though. That's the only piece of equipment I haven't upgraded.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Why dont one of you guys that are good on the photo shop type programs on the computer design a great SVS tshirt. You can buy those iron on things that you run through your printer and get it on a tshirt. Or dont even put it on the shirt.. Post it here and let others tweek it and see what we come up with. Then we can seek a super design and see if they like it at SVS.... Just a thought...

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Group designs? Sounds like fun. Reminds me of the freewheeling days of the early 'net when Tom and I used to throw around design ideas over on rec.haberdashery/crewneck.
God, those topics would go on and on...and we never did agree on the benefits of pre-shrunk cotton. Tom was mainly into polos at the time, but you could see the germination of his currect product even then. Many don't know this, but Tom was the one who leaked the Hanes "Beefy-T" white paper onto the boards at least a week before it was to be presented formally. This document has since become something of a shirt-designer's bible, but back then...man, to a kid still struggling with tie-dye...what a revelation.
Ruffled feathers on both sides have apparently since been plucked, and a Hanes Beefy-T (made, somewhat ironically, in Honduras) is what the SVS badge is riding on when it arrives at some lucky hobbyist's house.

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
:D I'm a very lucky hobbyist I've got one of each
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks