What's new

SVS Subwoofers - where to buy (1 Viewer)

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
Is the only place that I can buy the higher end models SVS subwoofers, from the SVS website directly? I have been waiting for a long time for a PB2 and I have not seen one at all... or any SVS sub for that matter... the only ones that I have ever seen are a couple of the CS models.

Does anyone have any other sources for SVS subs or anyone here looking to sell their PB2 and upgrade? I am looking at the PB2 Plus... I'm not sure if the PB2 Ultra is worth double the cost, for me. I'm not sure how much better the drivers can really be!

Thank you.

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
Is the only place that I can buy the higher end models SVS subwoofers, from the SVS website directly? I have been waiting for a long time for a PB2 and I have not seen one at all... or any SVS sub for that matter... the only ones that I have ever seen are a couple of the CS models.

Does anyone have any other sources for SVS subs or anyone here looking to sell their PB2 and upgrade? I am looking at the PB2 Plus... I'm not sure if the PB2 Ultra is worth double the cost, for me. I'm not sure how much better the drivers can really be!

Thank you.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
For new, they are available only factory direct. You will occasionally see used ones on a site called Audiogon.com ... and in the classifieds here.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
For new, they are available only factory direct. You will occasionally see used ones on a site called Audiogon.com ... and in the classifieds here.

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
Yep I've been keeping an eye on Audiogon. But even in the rare occasion that such a sub should pop up over there, the price might not be that much of an incentive to not buy brand new, SVS-direct.

I'm just reading reviews on the PB2 Plus vs PB2 Ultra right now - is the Ultra really worth doube the money?!

I will be using this for HT and music in an 1800 cu.ft room. I probably will not notice the clarity as much but oh do I like my pounding bass... :D

Recommendations?

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
Yep I've been keeping an eye on Audiogon. But even in the rare occasion that such a sub should pop up over there, the price might not be that much of an incentive to not buy brand new, SVS-direct.

I'm just reading reviews on the PB2 Plus vs PB2 Ultra right now - is the Ultra really worth doube the money?!

I will be using this for HT and music in an 1800 cu.ft room. I probably will not notice the clarity as much but oh do I like my pounding bass... :D

Recommendations?

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
In 1800 cubic feet, a PB2+ will be very impressive... If you are not looking for the last bit of clarity, it will do GREAT !

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
In 1800 cubic feet, a PB2+ will be very impressive... If you are not looking for the last bit of clarity, it will do GREAT !

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
14' x 12' x 10' is the dimensions of this 1.5 level (in between the ground floor and second floor) family room. Right now that is my entertainment centre. When I finish my basement, that will be a MUCH MUCH larger area to cover... then maybe I will consider a bigger sub... but I too think that the PB2 Plus should be more than adequate at least for now.

One more thing... should I bother with the Art 351 equalizer on the SVS site? What about cables? They recommend the Better Cables cable... should I just buy off there or buy elsewhere?

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
14' x 12' x 10' is the dimensions of this 1.5 level (in between the ground floor and second floor) family room. Right now that is my entertainment centre. When I finish my basement, that will be a MUCH MUCH larger area to cover... then maybe I will consider a bigger sub... but I too think that the PB2 Plus should be more than adequate at least for now.

One more thing... should I bother with the Art 351 equalizer on the SVS site? What about cables? They recommend the Better Cables cable... should I just buy off there or buy elsewhere?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
The Art is a decent EQ. A lot of people here use the Behringer Feedback destroyer to EQ their subs. It offers several parametric eq's which make it more flexible than the Art.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
The Art is a decent EQ. A lot of people here use the Behringer Feedback destroyer to EQ their subs. It offers several parametric eq's which make it more flexible than the Art.

charlie o

Stunt Coordinator
Dude, the pb2+ is crazy in our 8000 cubic foot room. I couldnt imagine it in a room your size.

charlie o

Stunt Coordinator
Dude, the pb2+ is crazy in our 8000 cubic foot room. I couldnt imagine it in a room your size.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The cable is well built and worth the price that SVS is asking to me. I'm going that route myself along with a pB2+ unless I can find a way to come up with another grand which is unlikely to happen considering I'm wanting a new 7.1 receiver.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The cable is well built and worth the price that SVS is asking to me. I'm going that route myself along with a pB2+ unless I can find a way to come up with another grand which is unlikely to happen considering I'm wanting a new 7.1 receiver.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Yeah, his room isn't that big. I would think the PC Plus or PC Ultra would be more than good enough (plus they're tuned lower)

Getting the PB2 Ultra in that sized room would be slightly over the top. And perhaps not worth it, as you'll never go near it's limits (if for example the PCI was still plenty)

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Yeah, his room isn't that big. I would think the PC Plus or PC Ultra would be more than good enough (plus they're tuned lower)

Getting the PB2 Ultra in that sized room would be slightly over the top. And perhaps not worth it, as you'll never go near it's limits (if for example the PCI was still plenty)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks