What's new

svs subwoofer positioning (1 Viewer)

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I download some R&B music for testing. Accidentally, I was walking towards my receiver and there was an area in my basement where I felt the strong bass of the music. So I decided to walk to different area and didn't felt the sub.

Here is my link where I identified the good bass area. My question is, is there a way to position my bass so that I can feel strong bass in my sitting position?

http://restricted.dyndns.org/svs.gif

Btw, this is a top view of how my basement looks like.

Thanks guys.

Neil

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Is your seating in the middle of the room Ronneil? It's a little hard for me to decipher from the drawing. Could be my eyes are worse than I thought?

If it is? Have you considered utilizing one of those folding walls behind seating? Maybe it's not even a option?

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Yeah, place the sub at your seating position and play that same music, then walk around the room and make a note of where you hear the bass the best. Then just place the subwoofer in that new position and you're good to go.

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, I have done what you have told me and I found the best location. It's just weird that it's just about 5 ft away from me. Please refresh the link above to see the new subwoofer location. Any thoughts?

Thanks. :)

Congraulations on your placement epiphany, but keep in mind that placing a sub based on the bass sound of one cd is an iffy proposition. Standing waves tend to empasize some frequencies while cutting others. You need to use a full band test cd or other test source to confirm that your current placement is the best compromise for all bass frequencies in your room.:)

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Can I use NCH Tone Generator and play a continuous frequency such as 30hz then have my skin and ear decide?

Thanks for the heads up.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks