What's new

SVS Subwoofer Hook-up Question (1 Viewer)

Joel()Les

Agent
I'm ordering an SVS PB1-1SD. I know placement has an effect on sound and I have identified my top 3 locations to place the unit. Choices #1 & 2 can be reached with a 15' cable (or less) . Choice 3 requires 25'.

Should I get a 25' cable and just coil it if I don't use location #3 or should I try to minimize cable length and order the 15' and hope my first 2 locations work out?

I plan to use a Canare LV-77 cable from Bluejeans.

WayneO

Supporting Actor
I'd get the 25', 10 extra will not affect performance with a decent cable, but it'd bother me being rolled up like that if not using it, me being anal and all. :)

Evan:R

Agent
I was in exactly the same position! I had two choices for my new PB1, and opted for the cable that would allow greater flexibility. I figured I was spending a good chunk of change on a quality sub, so the extra $10 to upgrade from one length to the next was nominal. It also gave me some flexibility for the future as well, since my current residence is by no means permanent. I would suggest buying a bettercables cable from SVS. They offer them at a huge discount and they are of the highest quality. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike_J_D

Stunt Coordinator
I second Evan:Rs advice. I bought a bettercable for my SVS and have been very happy with it.

Joel()Les

Agent
The bluejeans cable will be fine. The issues are does an extra 10' really matter (probably not) and does coiling somehow induce a magnetic field? I need to do something with the extra cable if I get it. Especially since location #2 is only 5' from the AVR.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Any coiled wire has the potential to become an inductor. I would avoid coiling the sub cable if you can. If coiling is unavoidable, try to keep it away from a power cord.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks