SVS Subs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChadLB, Oct 31, 2002.

1. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Anyone live in the Green bay, wi area that owns one of these subs. I would like to see/hear it in person.

Thanks,:b

2. Bill Polley

Bill Polley Second Unit

Where near GB do you live?

3. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

De pere, wi ...west depere

4. Bill Polley

Bill Polley Second Unit

New London here

5. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

So do you own a SVS sub and if so which model?

6. Bill Polley

Bill Polley Second Unit

I love my 16-46 PCi. I finished a job Wednesday and thought I would be off for a few weeks, but found out I am starting a job in Portage Monday, so I will be out of town for the next 8 weeks or so. Otherwise I had thought you could come and check it out. I can tell you that it is better than any sub I have heard for under $1000, and I paid $600 during the summer sale. I have the volume at about 1/3, and it still shakes the whole house. I can just imagine what the 20-39 PC+ does! Just remember that it will cost you about $120 for a Behringer DSP 1124 Feedback Destroyer Pro. This parametric EQ is essential to flatten out the response of any sub you buy. Along with a test tone disc and a Radio Shack SPL meter ($40), you can tune the sub to your room, giving you tight, clean bass.

7. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Well maybe one day I can check it out down the road if I don't purchase one by then. Where I stand right now there is a hold for 3+ months. Dr bills to pay off. Currently have a ARs112ps that does the job but I am sure an SVS would put it to shame. My only worry is my girlfriend and
    living in a duplex.

8. CoreyH

CoreyH Stunt Coordinator

Hey Chad,
    Check out audioenvy . I'm not sure if it's still up and running, but they used to keep a database of SV owners, that are willing to demo their equipment. Check it out, and see if anyone meets your criteria.
    C

9. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

I did check it out. some people lived in the madison area so that is something I will have to think about. I was hoping for someone closer.