What's new

SVS Subs??? (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
Are these Subs on this page as good as they say they are?
I want a big bad sub to vibrate the walls and I also would like to support HTF advertisers BUT I want something of high quality and ofcourse earthshattering bass!!!

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
They are every bit as good as you have heard they are..better imho.Do a search on svs,that should keep you busy for days.Then just buy one,you will never regret it.
------------------
Chad's DVDs

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Absolutely! You'll not get this type of bass at the price they cost anywhere else!!!!!!!!!!!
A very happy SVS 20-39PC owner.
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
MyHTSetup

Mark KU

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I really doubt the amount of people that have posted in the past would all be lying about them. :)
Just in case though, I have dual 20-39s with a Fidek 600 watt amp and am incredibly happy with them. It's fun freaking out your friends who don't notice them.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Then again, neither does Tom Nousaine.
A certain replier to this thread also reviewed them very highly....
Depending on which you get (original series or CS Ultra) it's either tremendous bang for your buck, or great bang for buck.
In either case, you get performance which is far above the price they charge you.
Regards,
------------------
John Kotches
Contributing Writer
Link Removed

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Hmmmmmmm. SVS? Never heard of 'em.
wink.gif
And that is why I have one of their 20-39CS subs w/S700 amp.
biggrin.gif
Check out some of the reviews at www.audioreview.com. They are the real deal. Keep in mind you will not get boomy bass from them. Just deep, clean, low, powerful bass.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Blu, the most potent subwoofer for you will depend on your listening habits,the associated equipment and your room dimensions.
1)how large is the room
2)what type of receiver/processor and full range speakers are you using?
3)For HT, will you want the system to be *reference level* capable?
4)if the system will be used for music too,what ype of music?(are you a big pipe organ fan for instance?)
thanks for the props guys, we try :)
TV

Sania M

Agent
What happens to the frequency response if you tune one of your subs to a lower hz? Say you take a 20-39 and make it a 16-39 or say you have a 20-31? Can you just boost up the lower end to keep it flat? It sounds like a great idea to me, but I don't know anything about subs. That would keep the size down too. 31" can almost be completely hidden. Would this result in more bottoming out or blowing the driver? Just curious. I read some of your other posts and was never clear on this.

Blu

Screenwriter
My room is about a 15 by 30ish or so. I have a Sony (forget the numbers of them) DTS. I'm a novice at the home theater game. I have Altec fronts and Klipsch backs. But no subwoofer. I looked at a cerwin vega and a KLH but wasn't impressed with them so I am looking online :)

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Blu,
You are most certainly looking at needing dual subs for that size room. I'd look at getting twin 20-39CS' retuned to 18Hz and a S700 amp. If you can't afford that, look into dual 25-31s retuned to 22Hz and the S700 amp.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Blu, I agree qith Bryan...in 4000+ cu-ft,a dual CS/S700 combo wouldprobably be the way to go.
Sania,
The response *tails off* a little as the tuning point lowers. You can make this up with EQ...but then you'll need to consider what the EQ might do to amp headroom. Generally, the tail-off is minor enough(a dB or so) not to require this type of additional fuss imo.
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks