What's new

SVS Sub (1 Viewer)

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
Would an SVS sub be to much bass in an 11' x 14' room? If this would be too much what would be better off in my room? I already have 2 cerwin vega ls-12's. Also my reciever(pioneer vsx-d606s) has a pre out so I would be able to hook an amp and sub to it. Right? Or do i not even need an external amp to drive one? I also have an early 80's onkyo stereo reciever(model tx-5000) which is sitting around. Could this be used to power the sub? How cheap could I go for an amp to power one of the sv subs?

Jamie

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
I have noticed that the pc version has a built in amp but it is 4 ohms. My reciever is set at 8 ohms because all of my speakers are 8 ohms. Will this sub work with my reciever?

Jamie

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Your receivers sub pre-out has nothing to do with ohms being driven on the amp section of your receiver. Get the PCi, it's their best deal right now!

Noel

Grip
I also have a 16-46PCI in a larger room 15x20.But I would highly recommend for any size room!:emoji_thumbsup: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
Three things a better sub gives you: more headroom, lower extension, more accuracy. In a small room, you may not need/use the headroom. However, you can never have too much low extension for HT, and you can never have too much accuracy for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks