What's new

SVS sub review : Buyer's regret! (1 Viewer)

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
First of all.. let me put a disclaimer on this post. I am not an audiophile in any way.. I love this HT stuff and am very addicted.. but I'm still just learning and have ALOT more to learn. So this will be a very basic review from just an average HT lover ;)

Ok.. now an explanation of my buyer's regret. Do I wish I wouldn't have gotten this sub? Yes and no. Here is a list of thing I don't like about this sub:

[*]The total inability to now leave my house.

[*]I have over 100 DVD's now to re-watch!

[*]The fear of being lynched by my neighbors

[*]The fact that I will be replacing the rivets in my walls in the not too distant future

Ok.. if you couldn't detect the sarcasm, this has been a very sarcastic post! What can I say about the SVS that hasn't already been said a million times. This thing absolutly rocks! I watch movies now and my house RUMBLES! I don't hear the bass... I FEEL it! I now feel like I'm actually in a movie theater. Hands down the single biggest improvement I have made to my HT system. (and I just spent about 2500 upgrading!)

Tom, Ron, Erik... you guys are awesome. Great tech support, excellent packaging and service. And let's not forget an incredible piece of equipment! I'll post some pics of how it fit into my home entertainment center.

Just FYI my system:

Onkyo DS898

NHT SC-1 center channel

NHT Super Zeros for Mains, surround, and rears (7.1)

SVS 25-31 !!

Kenwood M1 amp for the SVS (240 watts at 4 ohms and a pretty little red EQ that goes up as the SVS rocks my house! ;) )

Panasonic RP91k (on the way!)

If any of you are tetering on the fence of getting this sub... you will not regret your decision. It seriously has changed every movie I have ever watched. When I run the white noise sub test... my house is literally shaking.. you can hear /see all the trinkets my wife has on the entertainment center shaking, it's quite impressive :)

Anyway.. that's my .07 cents. Keep the change!

Jim

DanaA

Screenwriter
Jim, you are soooooooooooo right. All these mindless audiophiles around here have been brainwashed into thinking SVS is a great sub. Ha!!!!!!!!!!! A thousand times Ha!!!!

Any non-audiophile knows that Bose makes the vastly superior product. First of all, their advertisements say so and, as you and I, but apparently no one else around here, realizes, ads don't lie. Secondly, the Bose won't rattle your house like your pathetic SVS does. No way. No how. You could blast that sucker full blast with a filled champagne flute on it for hours and not a drop would be spilled. I just wish Bose would take over sponsorship of this site. That way, everyone could have those cute white subs in their HT's. I'm thinking about dual subs myself.

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Dana, ROFLMAO!!! That was a great post. Down with house-rattling, deep rumbling, neighbor waking obnoxious subs!!! ;)

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
I had to click on this ad to see what drug the guy was smoking for not liking his SVS. Boy was I surprised. The wife came in and wondered what the heck I was laughing so hard about...she even thought it was funny. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Told ya, didn't I?

Huh? Didn't I tell ya!

You miss the Polk, don cha!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

- Little devil on your shoulder.

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Haha! They will have to pry this sub from my cold, dead, homeless hands!!!!
Colin, you're right man, you are the devil on my shoulders. These NHT's over my Polks are like driving a hyundai and switching to a Bimmer ;)
My new system rocks (for me) I love it. I upgraded quite a bit and still left alot of room for improvement :) Still have to calibrate my speakers and Sub and TV with AVIA.
I'm sure I'll be posting my problems on the board for help :)
thanks,
Jim

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin, make sure NOT to put your SVS next to your Bose when you plug it up.... or else your SVS might be downed out by the mighty bass of the Bose. Bose is german for BASS ya know... isn't it? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks