What's new

SVS sub question (1 Viewer)

Brad_Cox

Agent
Hey to everyone, this is my first post.

I am about to make a subwoofer purchase and due to all the outstanding reviews on this and other forums I have decided on an SVS. My question is which one should I get?

I am currently trying to buy a 20-39 pc+ used from an individual but I dont think I will be able to pry it away from him so I have to make a decision. My livingroom is an acoustical nightmare. It is 15.5 x 15.5 with a 10 ft ceiling. It also has 4 doorways going into other rooms(old farm house), actually 5 but we keep one of them closed. The other 4 have no doors to close.

I am deciding between the PB10ISD, PB12ISD or the 20-39. The $599 pricetag + shipping is my absolute limit. My question is which one for my room? Would the PB 10 be enough to fill my room or will I indeed need the PB12 or the 20-39? If I need the bigger sub then which one? If the PB10 will fill it would it be enough of an upgrade in deep full bass to still go with the bigger sub?

Opinions? Suggestions?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I would pick one of the 12" subs -- mostly due to all the openings. But email SVS customer service. They'll be very honest with you about what they think you need and won't try to sell you up just to make more money off of you.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Another vote for the 20-39PCI. It will play lower, louder and cleaner than the other subs you are considering. Otoh it may not play quite as loud as the PB12ISD but it won't be that obvious.

Brad_Cox

Agent
Yea, I sort of figured that I would need either the PB12ISD or the 20-39. I will contact the customer service on Monday and ask them to make sure. Which do you think is better?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks