What's new

SVS Sub Interconnect and MoreQuestions... (1 Viewer)

I am getting a 16-46+ in 2 weeks, and I am not sure what you run from your receiver to the sub?

I have a OnkyoTXNR801. This is my first real sub...I am not sure what type of cord I am suppoesed to get. Links are appreciated...

Also anyone else have this set up. I have Infinity overture 2's for the fronts and crap for the center and surrounds (to be upgraded soon) and I want to know if I should keep my infinitys (150 watt amp and 6.5" sub in each speaker) set to large, or if I should just let the SVS handle it all, and if I do let it handle it all, do I set the cross over to 80Hz across the board?

Also what abotu the gain setting on the sub, I know little about gain on subs, and if there was somethign I could read about it, this would be most helpful. I think that is all for now...thanks for any replies.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Well - as far as your interconnects are concerned, you should just call up Erik at SVS and purchase a discounted BetterCables from them. That will be your best bet.

As far as setting up your sub, you should get a Radio Shack SPL meter and follow some of those online tutorials for proper sub setup.

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Any standard shielded 75ohm rca style cable will work.
Such as this: http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=15%2D2403
Read all this: http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm
And to quickly answer, in general you want to set all your speakers to small with a 80hz crossover, this is a good place to start. You can fiddle around a little to see if something else may work better. Make sure you have or get a SPL meter from Radio Shack to calibrate all your speaker levels as well. The GAIN is like a volume knob and is used to set output when calibrating it with your speakers along with any "LFE Level" output adjustment you may have on your receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks