What's new

SVS sub in the future........ (1 Viewer)

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
I have decided that my current sub just isn't keeping up with the rest of my system, so it is time for an upgrade. I am looking at either the SVS 25-31PC or the 20-39PC to replace my Klipsch KSW12.
I would like to hear what people think of these 2 subs and how you think it will work with my system listed below.
Thanks.......can't wait to hear all about them
Steve
------------------
Klipsch Quartets - fronts
Klipsch Academy - center
Klipsch KG 1.5's rear surrounds
Klipsch KG .5's - rear side surrounds
Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer
Denon AVR-4800
Denon POA-5200 THX Amp(fronts)
Sony C-67ES CD Player
JVC 36D201 36" TV
JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player
JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player
Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box
Playstation 2
Monster Power HTS-2000
Monster M-series Speaker Cable and Subwoofer Cable
Monster S-Video, Optical, and Component Cables
RS HT Gold Interconnects

John.W

Agent
I'm Curious too as i'll be buying a sub in the Less than 1000 range and was looking @ Velodyne and Paradigm. So are these subs THAT much better?

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I am also in the mood to upgrade from my current Velodyne VA-810X to a SVS 25-31PC.
My Velodyne only goes down to 35mhz so the SVS would be a big improvement.
I have a large family room though (newly remodeled) and its 28 x 18 so I may need the SVS 20-39PC.
Either sub would be a big improvement over the small Velodyne.
JohnG
patriot.gif

------------------

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Well I own a pair of the 25-31's and all I can say is BELIEVE what you hear. These subs are THAT GOOD. They are very tight and accurate. They really excell in both HT and music. I have some expensive equipment in my system but I think these subs are one of the most important parts of my system and they are a BARGAIN!! Audition one of theses babies and you will be hooked. SVS offers a 45 day guarantee period where you can send them back if you aren't satisfied. Mine won't be going back!! Another thing about SVS- Customer service is second to none in my experience. Just make sure you have the room for one(or Two hehe). They are tall but have a fairly small footprint. E-mail Ron or Tom at SVS - they are great. Good luck guys.

John Gates

Second Unit
John Geelan,
The 25-31 actually plays louder than the 20-39. If you are looking to fill that large room with bass, you might consider (if you can afford it) two of the 20-39's. If you can afford only one, you should consider the CS models with a sampson amp. This gives you an extra channel later so you can pick up that second sub as an upgrade (cs) fairly cheap.
John W,
Maybe you can find someone in your area who has one and you can get a personal demo and see for yourself. :) These do have a very good rep. Another option is to e-mail the SVS guys, describe your space and the other subs you are considering, and they will give you an honest comparison on the output. I have found the SVS guys to be very honest, and sometimes they even recommend a competitor's product if it'll do a better job for ya.
Steve,
All I know for sure is that my 20-39's are AWESOME. Very, very good bang for the buck, and they blend quite seamlessly with the rest of my gear for both music and HT.
John
------------------
System:
Onkyo 787
Mains: nOrh SM 6.9 (shipping NOW)
Center: nOrh marble 4.0
Surrounds: nOrh wood 4.0
Rear Center: nOrh prism 4.1
Subwoofers: 2 x SVS 20-39 CS w/Fidek Amp
Pics: http://www.geocities.com/givinit2him/

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
I'm pretty much decided on the 25-31pc model....the height of it will match my Quartets perfectly and I think that it will provide all the bass I will need. I am going to watch the B-stock list for a little while and see if anything pops up......and also I am going to watch all the A/V classified sites to see if anything shows up there from anyone upgrading.
Thanks for the replys......and keep them coming

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
StevenH, after spending all summer looking and waiting for a "b-stock" and looking for a used one, I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a 25-31 (it is ONLY $370) that is an amazing price for something that competes with subs in the $2000 price range. I get mine on friday, and I can't wait!!

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Yes, the SVS line certainly has a sub for you. I have a single 20-39PC and it just always surprises me when a that tremendous low-end starts rattling things in the house. Just be prepared for some very deep and loud lows and a new type of lfe response. By the way, i have my system in a large LR/DR combo that is a little over 4500 cuft of air space and it is sometimes almost overwhelming. I just can imagine how some of these guys with TWO are enjoying ....
I play my movies close to reference level and those who experience my system are stunned at the low end that most never knew existed.
Tom and Ron are great and will nurse you to a complete and satisfying setup that'll rock your socks off.
------------------
"I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethru gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades forever and forever...."

Ned

Supporting Actor
Every movie is a new discovery on the SVS.
I watched A Knight's Tale last night, you could feel the sword blows and the gallop of the horses.
There's nothing like SVS.
------------------
My Home Theater Page

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
Anyone in the Northern New England area have a SVS that I could come over and see and demo??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks