What's new

SVS Sub Demos Movies (1 Viewer)

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi, I am looking for this Movie that SVS has on their Website:

"3D Atom Bomb" Big booms, atomic style. Prepare yourself, and your sub.

"15 Megatons", Chap. 4 (0:50:01)

SVS Demos

You can Not click on the name at SVS and have it take you to Amazon, I did a search and Came up with this Movie is it the Same thing?? :

Amazon.com: Trinity & Beyond - The Atomic Bomb Movie: William Shatner

It also has a 3D Segmant, the real reason I would like to get this, But if it also has some Great Bass Scenes that would be a bonus. I would like to hear 15 Megatons ;)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
That's the correct movie. I have it, but an earlier version that has a different cover - but it is the same movie.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Ahh Great I Found it ;)

I was interested in the 3D Segment that the DVD Offers. I am a Big Fan of 3D Technology Altho it will Only be Anaglyph still should be a cool effect.

But I then saw this DVD on the SVS Website and thought that must be one Hell of an Explosion Sound if SVS is putting it up for a Demo??

Is that the Only blast you hear during the movie or just the Best of all of them?? What Sub Do you have??

I have a HSU VTF-1, I finally got all calibrated correctly and does a Very Good Job. I have tested various Movies, ie CloverField, LOTR:ROTK the sub altho a Smaller Sub just sounds better than any sub I have heard at most Hi Fi Places ;)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I haven’t played this disk in a while – the last time I did I was in a different house, was not married, and didn’t have any of my 3 kids.

At the time, I had purchased special 3-D glasses and wanted to try them out so I was looking for 3-D movies. These are actual glasses with one red and one blue lense (as apposed to those paper things).

Anyway – if I remember correctly – the 3-D effects aren’t that great. They took some government footage of a bomb blast and added the effect later.

The movie itself is kind of scary – full of “previously classified” footage of the government tests of the atom bombs.

They build a small, simulated town in the middle of the desert, and then filmed what happens to it when a bomb goes off – complete with manikins of people. There is also several shots of animals who were used as test subjects that is kind of disturbing. There are also some blasts performed at sea, with old ships in the line of the distruction.

There are plenty of nuke blasts for your sub throughout the film – I’m sure the one SVS points out is a real house shaker.

I own a Velodyne HGS-12 – replaced in their line up with the DD-12 – and is integrated into my Outlaw/Paradigm Reference system. The whole system has served me well for many years, and I am very happy with it. I still crank it up once in a while, but most of the time I would be able too, one of the kids is taking a nap. Even though they are sleeping on the second floor - I could wake them up with a couple of blasts from this disk...so I haven't tried it lately.

Velodyne

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babarrun
Recent bookmarks