What's new

SVS sub connections (1 Viewer)

TraciC

Auditioning
SVScs20-39 just arrived. Not sure what to use to hook up. I have already a subwoofer cable that I already purchased--(Monsterbass 400). Can I use this? I was reading thru the guide that came with SVS & one place said just use an A/V patch cord & other place said 75 Ohm A/V RCA type cable--are these the same? Would appreciate any help--Basically what I need to know is can I use Subwoofer cable or do I use these other cables & do they have any other particular name & is any brand OK? Thanks-would like to know what other SVScs owners used. Can't wait to get some major bass going.
------------------

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Any cable with RCA plugs on each end will work for your SVS.
Most suggest you use a shielded 75ohm sub cable. With these specs, any cable that is specifically designated for use as a video cable will work as well. It's all basically the same.
This cable will run from the receiver to whatever amp you're using for power. Then you'll run simple speaker wire from the amp to the SVS.
The cable you've got will work fine. Just hook 'er up and see what you get.
[Edited last by Mike LS on August 31, 2001 at 10:47 AM]

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Traci,
As mentioned you need to use an external amplifier with the CS(and CS_U) SV subwoofers. What type of surround/DD receiver are you using...and do you have an external amp ready for the subwoofer?
TV

TraciC

Auditioning
I also got the Samson amp to go along with the SVScs & I am using a Denon 3802 receiver
------------------

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
You may use your subwoofer cable between the receiver and the sampson. Put the little adaptor that came with the sub cable in a drawer. Then, use speaker wire from sampson to the SV. Any hefty wire (at least as hefty as lamp cord) with 2 strands will work as "speaker wire".

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Traci, then as Brian mentioned...anything works well for a SVS. Lamp cord is fine...and it doesnt even have to be terminate...just stripe off about 1/2" of insulation...put a couple twists in it..and you're ready to go.
btw--don't forget to put the sub in a good corner to start--preferably a corner near the key seats. Then calibrate and enjoy the sub!
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks