What's new

SVS SS questions (1 Viewer)

Dzung Pham

Second Unit
I could have e-mailed these questions to Ron and TV but thought maybe others would also be interested. I am interested in getting a single SS with EQ at some point to replace my dual 20-39PCs.
1) Any rough estimate on when these will be shipping yet?
2) Any rough estimate on when a PC model might be available? If it's going to be a while, can you recommend a suitable mono amp?
3) I have only seen pictures of the SS in natural so far. Are there pictures of the fully finished version?
4) Will the SS be available in lacquered matte or high gloss black? I see the available colors on the web page but I'm thinking more of solid lacquer finish that does not show the wood grain.
Thanks, and I understand if you can't answer some of the timing questions very precisely at the moment.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Dzung,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, the volume of mail and forum threads has been pretty amazing lately.

The SS is way behind schedule but it IS nearly finished. The final components are being delivered in the next couple weeks, and after countless tweaks to the special SS driver with TC-Sounds, we're shooting for delivery on our first pallet of them in the next 3 weeks. Since we're reasonably certain this will be the best performing 12" driver of all time we felt the extra time on tweaking would be worthwhile.

The powered version of the SS will follow our revised PC sub introduction, and then the PC-Plus in the summer. I'd guess we might have powered SS subs out before Christmas. The amp for that sub will be yet another clean-sheet design from SVS and a new amp supplier just secured by us (at great expense, these guys are probably the hottest OEM amp supplier on the planet. More to follow on that!).

The sub you see on our crudely pictured SS page now is, in fact, fully finished. It's called "natural" since there is no stain on the sub but, it IS finished in furniture grade satin polyurethane on all wood components. You can get any color stain you want, ebony even, but there are no plans to finish them such that the wood grain is obscured. They are so strikingly beautiful in various colors of hand-rubbed stain (all colors get the satin top-coat) we feel that it'd be a shame to do that.

We have a very few of the SS drivers on hand now and with delivery of our custom made ring grill (precision made here in Colorado Springs no less) we will probably fill the orders of a few folks that have waited the longest for their subs (probably in the next week or so). I don't expect you'll hear much on the forums about the SS. These are the sort of subs that really need no hype behind them. They are simply the best subs we can make in every regard. This alone should tell you alot.

Fact is folks that line up for the SS will be after more than performance. They want the finest materials and style to go with the rest of their high-end systems.

Ron

Dzung Pham

Second Unit
Thanks Ron. I'm trying to decide whether I should get the upgraded drivers or just go for the SS, but I think I'll get the upgrade and wait and see what happens with the powered SS. Sounds like you guys have a pretty exciting year planned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks