What's new

SVS SBS-01 package (1 Viewer)

BrianTwig

Second Unit
Anyone have any experience with the SVS SBS-01 speaker packages, minus the subwoofer? That woofer is not big enough for me. Going to go with a PC+ or a NSD/2 for the sub.

Thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
They're an excellent choice for the price. They have a natural sounding midrange and just a hint of softness in the tweeter to my ears. I wouldn't call them giant killers, but you won't find anything in big name stores at the price that will touch them. I heard them in a decent sized room ~14x19x9 and they did a pretty good job of filling it.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I have the front three and have really enjoyed them. I certainly don't have an ideal room -- lots of wood surfaces, not much carpet and fairly large -- but I have been more than satisfied with them.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I have the SBS-01 system and love it. Amazing performance per dollar ratio. There really is no point in going out and spending a lot more. I had just spent about $1500 on just the front 3 speakers, took them back and spent $600 on all 5 speakers. I am not regretting my decision in the least bit. SVS is a great company with a great product. I am buying SVS from here on out. I too felt that the sub was not going to be enough so I went with out it for now. I was looking at the SVS PB12 PLus 2 for $1199 but after reading so many positive reviews on the PB 10 ISD, I might give it a try.

one happy sbs-01 owner here. the pb10 was back ordered at the time so i got the pb12 nsd. the sub and speakers blend together very well and there is enough bass to rattle every loose object in the entire house yet voice and instruments are clear as day, not drowned out and over powered by the sub. all this for 1200 bucks, none of my friends can believe the price of what they hear. by the way if it helps i have this setup paired with a pioneer vsx72-txv. all together this run me about 2100 far less then any blose system.:emoji_thumbsup: i had to sneak that in here somewhere:D

scott>c

Second Unit
I also give them a thumbs up!!!! I`ve got them in my 2nd setup and absolutely love them for the price and performance. Can`t wait to see what they`ll do with the new ones their coming out with.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
Check out Soundandvision forum,they have a bunch of guys that passed around the SVS and demoed it.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I don't have them but I can tell you that you will be dealing with a top flight company that loves to make their customers satisfied. That means a lot these days. I have several of their subs and would never think of not having a SVS sub around.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Brian,

I've got a set in my smaller theater, and I spent a lot of time demoing them at CES. Every time I listen to them I have to shake my head at how good they sound, especially for the money.

-Robb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks