What's new

SVS S1000 Hum (1 Viewer)

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew,

Yes I have emailed them and they think its a grounding issue. It does stop though when i take the BB out of the picture. Let me know if the new one helps.

ED M,

I emailed you to your work address,

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
One thing i did do is eliminate the black box and go straight from the receiver to the amp and it took the hum away.
Well.... In that case being that you have groundlifted everything and removing the black box eliminates the hum, I think is time to contact the good guys at SVS since it appears that the black box is the cause of the hum.

Regards

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
;) hello there, i had a svs black box that hummed when integrated with my samson 1000 amp last week. i sent it back they sent me a new one and the new one is DEAD quiet.
they even paid the shipping both ways!! you cant beat dat.
i love svs!!!!!!!!!

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Well i tried longer coiled cable and that didnt work. So as for now i just have the black box out of the system to eliminate the hum from the subwoofer. I am glad to hear that a new BB got rid of your hum.

Andrew let me know if your new one makes a difference as well. It seems like there are alot of people out there with this problem.

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Well Tom V, just emailed me back and is of course taking care of the customer. He is sending me a new Black Box plus a new cable to try out and then I will send the old one back.

After reading so many reviews before I bought from SVS everyone of course raved about their subs. Not only did they rave about their subs but as well as there customer service. Well after many and I mean many emails with Tom V, I can honestly say their service is something you don’t get in today’s market. He has literally emailed me back within minutes of every question I have asked him. I no longer see Tom as an owner of SVS but as a friend that is there for every need I have.

I hope this new box resolves the hum as it did others.

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks ED! :) Damn traitor Todd! ;) hehe j/k I'm jealous!
Todd - I hear ya on the customer service, SVS has my business for life, I have never seen the personal level from a business like I have with SVS, immediate emails, replacement parts free of charge and they covered shipping, all 110% TOP NOTCH company!!!

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
I love hearing this stuff -- My SVS arrives tomorrow and the rave reviews along with their customer service is the reason I chose them. Kind of a strange feeling to be ordering audio equipment over the Web and having no worries that, in the long run, you have no risk...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks