SVS Ron & Tom? Done yet?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Kenneth Harden, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

I wanna see some full range speakers.

Shouldn't it only take you like a week to develop the system? Buy a few generic drivers, plug the TS parameters into a program, build, sell.

I am sure it is that simple, if not more so [​IMG]

2. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

There are apparently already lots of speakers like that... not from SVS though, so you'll have to hang around shopping mall parking lots and look out for a white van. be sure to bargain [​IMG]

3. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Ken,

We should be announcing a few details fairly soon. But no that's not how we operate. It's quite easy if you ARE willing to take an off the shelf design and have it shipped (turnkey as they say in the industry) for you to just send on to a customer.

There's some things you can do at the high end too, that just can be done if you are say trying to put out a first class 5.1 system for $999.

If we're known for anything it's for not doing something like everyone else.

Ron

4. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

Thank goodness for that [​IMG]

5. Kenneth Harden

Yes, I know you do not operate like that, I was being sarcastic (I'm good at that).

I am sure we are all looking foward to it [​IMG]

6. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Got ya Ken, I knew that ;^)

What with buttoning up the PB12-Plus, the PB12-Ultra and a surprise new sub (sorry not the small SVS. That project is looking like it could be delayed, but we're still pushing on it) it's been a busy month. The mains package we're gearing up for first will be perfect for a PB10-ISD or PCi type sub pairing, then we'll move up market from there.

We're shooting for a September launch with pre-orders about a month prior if all looks solid this summer. I'd say there's still some chance things could slip to the right a bit, and as you can imagine, if we can beat September we will.

We're trying to work in some rather innovative build and test procedures for these speakers but don't want to compromise launch dates too badly either. You know these aren't going to be rushed out. The market is polluted with "me too" HTiB packages and we're not looking to exacerbate that situation.

For the time being plan on an affordable package in the $999 range, with a PB10-ISD... or ala carte, (without a sub) for less. Four colors (anyone that guesses black, tan, gray and white is an A-Student), come bracket, wall or stand-ready, and with styling that'll allow you to drop one right next to a PB10-ISD... and know these speakers came from the same thoroughbred gene pool. Those looking for SVS speakers to go with their mondo Plus or Ultra subwoofers will have something coming too, but not in September. You'll have to wait, but we'll work like the devil to make sure your wait is well rewarded.

So, that's the rough plan. Model names and additional rollouts will be announced as available. When we don't think something will change we'll release it on our site (or here). I expect at least some semi-firm info mid-April after our quarterly board meeting.

PS We'll roll out some info about the mysterious new sub on the News page later today. For now just think variable tune, $699, American made enclosure... PB12-ISDv.

Ron

7. BillyHC

BillyHC Agent

Drool... i'm going to keep refreshing your website until it shows up. [​IMG]

8. Kenneth Harden

Woohoo!

I am the best industrial espionagist EVAR!!!

Thanks for the info, I look foward to seeing what you come up with.

All I want to know is what sort os speakers to expect. I am used to SVS having larger speakers, so I would 'guess' drivers that are either larger, or very potent (al la M&K). As to what sort of tweeter, no clue, but obviously something tasty.

SVS crew (Ron, Tom, etc.) - I really, really like the path you are following.

9. MichaelPR

MichaelPR Second Unit

I have been interested in some Swans but have been purposely holding off to see what exactly SVS will be offering!

10. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

But will there be an available "turbo" attachment?

[​IMG]

11. BillyHC

BillyHC Agent

just don't call it a 'turbo boost'... and then attach springs on the bottom of the sub to make it jump.

12. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

""But will there be an available "turbo" attachment?""

Now that made me laugh this morning and almost spit up my coffee on the keyboard!....

13. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

How's that finger, billy? [​IMG]

14. BillyHC

BillyHC Agent

i ca't tpe witout a forefiger. [​IMG]

15. Kenneth Harden

Yeah, where is our update?

16. Kenneth Harden

Uhp, there it is!

17. BillyHC

BillyHC Agent

Much rejoicing!

but where are the FR charts? [​IMG]

18. Kenneth Harden

They were so low...they broke all the test gear!!!

More good stuff.

I jsut hope they don't have too much stuff as to confuse consumers (I think I can manage [​IMG] )

19. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

The PB12-Plus page is enabled. The PB12-Ultra will follow late tonight hopefully. The PB12-ISDv will be next week after I'm able to get pics processed.

I have to get with R/D on response charts. I can't recall if they did them yet. Nicer weather is approaching and I know they have a full docket of testing scheduled.

Ron

20. Kenneth Harden