SVS/Ron> Customer Care.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by steve nn, Feb 5, 2005.

1. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Talk about customer service and standing behind their product. If it's one thing I have learned over time dealing with with SVS and there product, is to expect stellar performance and just as high a mark in customer care. If a problem should ever come up with a driver, amp or enclosure? Their ability and willingness to deal with such a issue can be quite humbling. With have owning 6 SVS offerings over the course of time there is no room for doubt in my mind anyway.

What this Thread boils down to is> I noticed a flaw on one side of my PB12-Ultra/2.. 5 months down the road after receiving it. The texture on 1/2 of the right bottom side panel had been poorly done and because of the expedite nature of the sale it wouldn't have made it out the door with out them being aware and making me aware. I and SVS knew about a scuff it had on the referred side and I Ok'd shipping with the thought of fixing the scuff myself and being billed as a B-Stock unit. The reason I noticed it 5-6 months down the road is, I was addressing a scuff on one of my speakers and subsequently decided to fix the scuff on the PB12-Ultra/2 at the same time since I had all my tools out. Thats when I noticed the texture issue.

I was offered many different options by Ron/SVS in correcting this matter and being that I plan on keeping this sub, Ron offered a swap. New Cherry PB12-Ultra/2 to my door free of charge. Holy Moly! How about that!

2. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

This is why I like SvS. Over on the Klipsch forum there was an new owner of a RSW-12 that after a short usage time the driver blew. He brought it back to the dealer and after 2 months of waiting I beleive he finally got a new sub. One of the moderators on the forum replied " If it was necessary that we intervene with the dealer, we would have. It sounds like you had no problem with them.
    We like to trust that our dealers represent us well, and we do not want to babysit them. If they refuse to assist a customer, of course we will step in"
    I can not imagine SvS taking more than a week to address an issue.
    SvS beats your door down to resolve issues with their products.
    http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/vi...=30&sessionID={078CE67A-4E52-4C1E-AC0C-0E515A9BD414}&pageNo=2

3. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

I will second ScottCarr's comments as well. Before I even bought my PB2+, Ron helped me try different things with my dual NHT subs and I must say it made a big difference. With such respect for a guy who didn't try to push a sale on me I knew I had to have one. I got one and it blew away the dual NHT's. I have had it now for several years and just love it!!!!!
    Mike Lindsey

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I pray for the day they set up an operation in Ontario.

Brent

5. terence

terence Supporting Actor

Great story Steve! I'm not surprised i must say do to my own great customer service dealings with SVS. [​IMG]

6. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Great story Steve
    __________________________________________________ _____

Thanks terence, but you know who deserves the credit. I sure don't recommend waiting 5-6 months to let SVS know you have a problem with your enclosure though[​IMG] Lets just say that Ron has made sure (in a nice way) that I inspect this unit thoroughly after it arrives.:b