What's new

SVS Ron and Tom! What kind of systems do you guys have? (1 Viewer)

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Smarthome (www.smarthome.com) resells their products.
If buying from an authorized retailer is important to you then don't buy your Xantech equipment from Smarthome. I'm not saying anything bad about them. I did order some stuff from them without any problem but I know how some people feel about this matter. Just throwing in my $.02 :)
Dan Hine

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Thanks TV. That kind of helps me with my question of whether any other companies have been able to incorporate a 7.1 surround format that even approaches Logic7. Sounds like the answer is no as you're one of many who swear by Logic7.>>What is this 30" tube?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Chris and Dan, thanks for the feedback on the IR stuff. I/ve needed something in IRs for over a year now...just no time to research it.
I'll be checking out those websites for sure though...once I pull down the FPTV screen...I can't control ANYTHING...that's not good:)
TV

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
Tom,

I would love to hear your Klipsch system! About 6 months ago a lady at work was selling a pair of KLF-30's with a C7 for $800. I jumped at the chance and when I went to pick them up she backed out (can't say I blame her). I had only heard the KLF-20's and loved the sound. I will have a Klipsch HT someday....Mike

I HAVE THE SAME SETUP YOU HAVE, EXCEP I HAVE JBL BOOK SHELF SPEAKERS.......HOW IS THAT SVS WORKING WIT THAT SYSTEM.........ALSO WHAT SIZE IS THE ROOM ALL YOUR HT STUFF IS IN.

........... FRANK

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>I HAVE THE SAME SETUP YOU HAVE, EXCEP I HAVE JBL BOOK SHELF SPEAKERS.......HOW IS THAT SVS WORKING WIT THAT SYSTEM.........ALSO WHAT SIZE IS THE ROOM ALL YOUR HT STUFF IS IN.>Andy Anderson Tom- 5 subs!?! 6 displays?!?
Sweet merciful crap!!

Troy Madlem

Agent
Having just upgraded to the new Klipsch Reference 7 series speakers from RF-3s, then RP-5s, I can attest to what a drastic improvement they made. You thought the older lines were revealing? Wait till you hear the RF-7s. Even without a lot of tweaking to their position and but a few hours break-in time, the soundstage they produce in stereo is amazing.
If you are happy with your current KLF lineup and don't want to upgrade, I'd suggest you stear clear of the showroom floor. I went in just wanting to see what the fuss was about and ended up leaving with the full lineup. How did that happen :D
:emoji_thumbsup: Now to just add an SVS or two to complete the system...
Troy

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
Tell the truth now....are those Sonotubes really in the room or did you digitally "cut & paste" them in there? ;)

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
No, they're real.

I've had around 20 long throw 12s in the room with 5 kilowatts before. The interesting part was looping a 10-50hz sweep,turning it up a little(130+dBs)...and standing outside my picture window trying to keep it from flexing. The digital SPL readout in the room would increase 2-3dB when I pushed against the window.

the good ole days...

TV

Art C

Agent
Tom

Why do you bother using a digital spl meter

when you should be using a Seismograph. Just

start taking readings at say 1000 yards then

one mile then say 5 miles and so on. I think

the nasa saturn 5 rockets were setting them off

at like 2000 miles away you must of been pretty

close to that.

I also think that you where being just a little

modest when you said that everything works together

ok. I have Klipsch KLF-20's and I get amazing punch

and from what I hear the 30's produce even more

slam. I had these speakers for almost 2 years now

and they still knock my socks off every day. they

are great for music and just plain sick for movies

the 100 dcb@1watt@1metter really has a great effect

for movies. they can knock you out of your seat.

soon and very soon I will be ordering an

SVS sub are you still shipping the ultras?

Live long and loud

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Art,
the KLF30s(and all klipsch really) are definitely a dynamic,effortless type of speaker. I really like them,many don't :)
The CS_Ultras continue to ship out at a very healthy rate Art...and I think you'll find them one of the very few affordable subwoofers able to do the Klipsch justice.
Did you happen to see the recent subwoofer shootout at
Link Removed ? (included the new rsw15,HGS18,and an ultra package among others).
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks