What's new

SVS recommendation? (1 Viewer)

My living room is 14x26x8 (carpeted). My HT is at one end with the wall unit about 11 ft from the seating area. I have 2 B&W 601's in front and 2 more in the rear, with a LCR600 center. Currently my sub (Sound Dynamics THS-10) is on the front wall, but i will need to move it with the new wall unit. I will be moving it (the new SVS) to the corner between the couch and loveseat. My biggest problem is size. Ideally I would like to put a PB12-NSD in that spot, but the wife freaked when I showed her the size. My only other 2 choices are a 25-31pci+ or SB12+ (which she is in favor of). Both are about the same price. She is not really happy about the cyllinder. Do you think the SB12+ will work in this size room? Receiver is a Pioneer Elite VSX54-TX (110x7). BTW, this is used for 100% HT and gaming. Thanks for your input.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'd have to say the Plus cylinder would be a great choice, though I haven't heard the SB-12 Plus. SB-12 Plus should work in that room, though it may not have quite the same rumble down low as the 25-31 Plus.

BrianTwig

Second Unit
My wife was none too happy with my purchase of the PB12-NSD/2. It is HUGE. But after a while (only a couple weeks really) it just disappeared into the room and you don't even notice it anymore.

If you are limited to the SB12 and the 25-31PC+, go for the PC+. I think the SB12 would be more than a bit lacking in that room size and the 25-31 might start to approach what you need/want.

With a sub, it is always best to buy more than you need. You can take away power and performace to tone it down to your liking. You can not add to its power and performance, and thus you will be left lacking.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't think the SB12 Plus would be lacking in a room that size, but it won't approach the same output levels one of the vented plus models. Is the room closed or open to other areas - you have to consider the entire open area that the sub must fill, not just the area you consider to be "the room".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks