What's new

SVS questions- (1 Viewer)

peter a

Stunt Coordinator
what are the benefits to the bigger SVS pci subs? if i can afford the 16-46, is that generally better than the 20-39 or even the 25-31? thanks...
peter

peter a

Stunt Coordinator
dustin-
thanks for the quick reply. another question. what's up with people getting their subs tuned at different frequencies? should i be looking into that, or just buy the 20-39pci and use it out of the box? thanks
peter

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The 25-31 can be retuned to 22hz. Tom has recommended that to some people in certain circumstances. You'd have to email him to get more specifics.

I'm not sure if I'd go for a retuned 25-31 or just get a 20-39. But I don't have to worry about that as I build my own sub enclosures and can tune to whatever I want (which also allows me to make the enclosure big enough to tune low with huge ports).

peter a

Stunt Coordinator
what about the 16-41? any added bonus? is the amp that comes on the pci sub powerful enough to shake a 20X15 room? thanks-
peter

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The only real advantage to the 16-46 is with pipe organ music and a select few action movies. Tuned that low it will be just about impossible to bottom the thing.

A single PCi will not hit reference levels in a room that size, but it will definately shake things.

Go find a Velodyne HGS15, Paradigm PW2200 or something similar. The PCi will be the same to a little bit louder than them above 30hz, but below 30hz the PCi will open a wider gap (especially the 20-39 or 16-46).

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Peter,

Is the room well enclosed,or does it have several large openings? Are you using the system for music too?(if so,are you a big pipe organ fan?)

TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks