What's new

SVS Question RE: Shipping, Duties, and Taxes to Canads (1 Viewer)

Scott_Johnson

Auditioning
I would like to hear from other members from Canada who have purchased from SVS.

I would like to get an idea as to how it ended up in terms of cost for you.

I see that the shipping to Ontario is 50-ish dollars, but I am wondering if anyone could shed some more specific light on the duties/taxes that you were required to pay.

Thanks,

Scott

Salvador

Second Unit
>>>Hi folks,
I received my setup on Thursday and wanted to wait a couple days before posting about it.
Let me first start off by saying that the customer service from Tom and Ron really is second to none. Just as almost every other post I've read about these guys, they reply to emails very quickly and professionally. They must have alot of patience to put up with so many questions,no matter how trivial. I'd do business with them again in a second.
To all the Canadian folks with questions on cost mine broke down like this : GST $92.24
Ont.PST $105.41
Brokerage Fee $62.00
GST on Brokerage fee $4.34
Total Taxes Etc. $263.99
Add this to the $799.00 U.S which turned out to be $1366.01
The total came to $1630.00
I must agree with all of the other posts I've read stating the LOW, CLEAN bass. It's amazing how clean bass can really improve the sound of the rest of the system. I upgraded from an Energy exl:s-12 , so I was getting port noise and vibration which I was accustomed to. I get absolutely none of that now, what a differefence! BIG thumbs up to SVS!
Now on to my dilemna, I have a fairly large room ,16' X 26' X 7 1/2' . My order shipped the day before they announced the release of the new CS+ line which I would have ordered.
I am considering sending back the CS and s700 and getting the CS+ with the S1000 amp. I am not sure how to get my taxes back from UPS on my original order and I definately don't want to pay taxes twice.
I also am considering just getting a second CS 20-29 to make up for the slight(very slight) lack of bass in my size of room.What would you folks do?
Sorry about the long post.

Scott_Johnson

Auditioning
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I guess it makes sense to just multiply everything by 2 for a good idea as to what you will end up paying, I know I did that when figuring how much it would cost me to import a sports car from the US.

As you say, it will be worth it!

Scott

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
That's right Scott....I forgot to add $55.00 U.S. for shipping to Ottawa to the $799 . So really it was $854.00 U.S, which came out to $1366.01 Cdn. Plus the brokerage fee , taxes , etc.

Sean

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
That's pretty depessing. :frowning:
If I were to ship one to a friend in the US, and have them drive it over the boarder, would both PST and GST still apply?
Thanks,
Martin.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
I think it would Martin, it would be kind of hard to smuggle something that size across the border too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks