What's new

SVS Prdoduct Info. (1 Viewer)

SanfordL

Stunt Coordinator
Hey now, I know there are many rabid SVS fans out there - myself included. I have a friend who just got married :emoji_thumbsup: and is in need of a sub to complete his AV Geek quest to go deep, very deep. Basically, he is upgrading his whole setup (you have to do this stuff early on in a marriage, or else you'll never get another chance :D
I personally have a PCI+16-46 and am unsure what Amos is looking at. I hope he wants either the 16-46 PCI+ or else the CS+ (or an Ultra or the plus pretty please.) Anyways, I gave him my input on the 16-46PCi, can folks out there with either the CS+, PCi+ (dare I mention the 500+ watts I wish I was patient enough to wait for,) or the Ultra a fast and quick review. He should be back from his honeymoon by the end of the week, so any information you have would be great.
Amos, anytime you are in Chicagoland, let me know because I have a tube ready to make your ears dance.

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
hello there, i have a 16-46cs+/samson 1000 combo.
its in a room thats 16.5x14.5 and it is simply amazing.
this thing goes lowwwwwwwwww!! there is low bass in some movies that u wont hear but you'll feel.you'll feel the floor rippling is the best way i can descibe it.movies are
unbelievable, the door slams and the heavy feet of monsters and such are so real sounding.and it will shake things around your room,pictures, wall hangings, etc.but it's even more fun finding the things that fell off of something upstairs!! your cat or dog may not stay in the room anymore.
our cat wiil not stay when i fire up a movie.i made some tones with a tone generator, 5hz to 40hz ilove to play that for friends and see the look on their faces when they feel the whole room and floor rumbling!oh by the way ,music
sounds great with this subwoofer. bass is forceful but also very clean, not boomy. i dont think u can go wrong with a
16-46cs+, and when u figure in the customer support at SVS
its pretty much a no brainer!!. good luck with your purchase
:D

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Sanford,

Given that your friend is married now, he may need to consult with his other half to get permission for sticking a mass like an SVS in a public room of the house. Personally I love my two SVS subs, but most ladies who've seen them weren't too impressed (visually, anyway).

If he can't manage the giant tubes maybe try working on him for a HSU VTF-3 or the larger VMPS sub (with upgrades). Still great subs but with a different shape/look.

SanfordL

Stunt Coordinator
Mike, he seems to be down with the SVS program (no suggestive selling on my part, I just pass the facts and reviews along and let the numbers speak for themselves.) Not too certain he'd need 2 in the room he has, but hey, you can really never get enough clean, deep bass. Quite honestly, depending on the room, you can hide one fairly well with the right set-up. Our 16-46PCi hides in the corner fairly well, and my Dad didn't even notice it until I started to turn up Toy Story 2. Then he started searching the room for the new sub.

Does anyone out their have an Ultra yet? I would love to see what folks think of those. Too bad they don't make that in a 16-46, but hey, what can you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks