What's new

SVS post in Audioreview (1 Viewer)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Hi Frank"

Hi, back...my young friend! :)

Btw...just checked yout HT room; is amazingly good looking! Wish mine was as good looking...but have to put up with its utilitarian, proletarian facade for the time being.
Oh, and the B4+ subs...they look every bit as intimidating and imposing in your HT environs as they do in SVS' Website. You must love 'em a bunch... :D

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic.."

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jakub,

Thanks for the tip. Indeed we're very familiar with that case involving Newform Research. In fact we're fairly sure at least one of the other (few) displeased "customers" that posted to AR was the same guy that slandered them.

As you noted, there are precedents set for going after this sort of libelous conduct. It takes some research behind the scenes to line up the evidence but when the livelihood of your business, your employees and your many suppliers hinges on the truth being known about your product and the company behind them, well you find yourself doing all sorts of things (yes, with lawyers even ;^) that you never thought you would have to contend with.

Fortunately (at least in the case of SVS) I believe at least 99% of what's written there is legit. The 1% (as has been noted by John and others) tends to surface as fairly conspicuous "outlyers" that just don't fit with the other reviews. Again, we know AR and other such sites take impartiality and credibility seriously, and are aware that bogus posts can and do harm businesses. They do want to purge that stuff as incidents can be validated.

Ron

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jakub,

Thanks for the tip. Indeed we're very familiar with that case involving Newform Research. In fact we're fairly sure at least one of the other (few) displeased "customers" that posted to AR was the same guy that slandered them.

As you noted, there are precedents set for going after this sort of libelous conduct. It takes some research behind the scenes to line up the evidence but when the livelihood of your business, your employees and your many suppliers hinges on the truth being known about your product and the company behind them, well you find yourself doing all sorts of things (yes, with lawyers even ;^) that you never thought you would have to contend with.

Fortunately (at least in the case of SVS) I believe at least 99% of what's written there is legit. The 1% (as has been noted by John and others) tends to surface as fairly conspicuous "outlyers" that just don't fit with the other reviews. Again, we know AR and other such sites take impartiality and credibility seriously, and are aware that bogus posts can and do harm businesses. They do want to purge that stuff as incidents can be validated.

Ron

Dwayne-S

Agent

So this post indicates NO ownership, no specific review criteria, and no product comparisons.

IMHO, the failure of AR to remove a post like this diminishes their credibility.

Dwayne-S

Agent

Very true. Unfortunately a single 1 or 2 star review draws a disproportionate amount of attention and has what I would surmise to be a much higher read rate than the positive reviews. The First Amendment ... it's a double edge sword (but I wouldn't have it any other way).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks