SVS Plus Subwoofers - Are they available yet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Morris, Jan 28, 2002.

1. John Morris

John Morris Guest

I think the web site said that they'd be shipping by the middle of Jan, and then, due to a problem with one of their parts suppliers, they moved that to the end of Jan. Have they started shipping yet, or are they still having some problems with getting the right parts?

2. KevinHunt

KevinHunt Stunt Coordinator

Last I heard, they were supposed to receive the first shipment of drivers today, then work on shipping out the first 100 preorders tomorrow and the rest of this week. Should be any day really.

3. Shawn Sefranek

Shawn Sefranek Second Unit

We’ll, I’m not Tom or Ron, but I believe 40 or 50 are shipping today and all the Pre-orders are expected to go by Wednesday.
    Good news for me as (2) are coming MY way.[​IMG][​IMG]
    Shawn S

4. John Morris

John Morris Guest

If all preorders ship by Thursday, does that mean that if you got on the preorder list now for a single 16-46CSplus, that unit would ship on Friday?

5. KevinHunt

KevinHunt Stunt Coordinator

John, I think if you get on the list today, it probably would go out this late week. They said they would be pretty "fat" on drivers after the initial shipment of 40-50 like Shawn said.
    Shawn, ditto. I've got two 46CS+'s coming. I'm eager to compare them to the regular 46CS's they replace, which were pretty damn awesome. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

The first 25 or so Plus subs shipped today. Only a few hundred more and we'll be caught up. By this time next week (based on orders coming in) we should be back to typical 1-3 day shipping times. Low rate initial production of drivers is indeed flowing, but has not yet caught up to the rest of us (or you). Again, this should change in a day or two.

Of course then you all will start talking about these great subs (and trust me, you will) and we'll be beating on our good friends at TC-Sounds to turn up production for good.

The faucet is on though, and the flood will come.

And it will be good.

And there was much rejoicing.

Ron