SVS Pci Problem

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by AlbertA, Aug 25, 2003.

1. AlbertA

AlbertA Stunt Coordinator

Just today my line inputs started developing a loose contact problem . After jiggling the cable I got a usable signal, which otherwise is just a loud hum. I traced the culprit to the low level inputs of the SVS since I tried different cables with different sources and the issue wasn't resolved.

Has anyone of you had this problem?
    If so, what did you do?

2. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

Drop tom V an email at : [email protected] he will take care of this matter for sure[​IMG] I'd be willing to bet he'll email ya within the hour lol...service doesn't get any better than SVS IMO. tom

3. Ron Stimpson

Ron Stimpson Stunt Coordinator

Albert,

We had this pop up on a couple amps over the last year (really, like two or three). Easily fixed with an "ampendectomy" in a few minutes if you are OK with a screwdriver.

As said, just drop us a note if you haven't already.

Ron Stimpson

[email protected]

4. AlbertA

Thanks Ron.
    I already dropped you guys a note.

I actually removed the amp plate to see if I could spot anything, but the line level i/o is covered with silicon (wow, you guys really don't like anything rattling). I looked at the traces on the board and it looks like the line input is in parallel with the line output, so I am using the output for input right now but still a little flaky.

I am glad to hear that problem is fixed easily. He he, I can't wait to hear how to do that "ampendectomy" (Ron, I sent you a pm just in case)

5. AlbertA

Tommy: you were right. I just got a reply from Tom V.

What a great service! They took care of my problem in 3 hours!

6. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

Thats my buddy TV[​IMG] next time ya talk to him, tell him I'm gonna whip his ass in motogp[​IMG] lol... Great service is just the start...if you ever run into any problem, just put that addy in your addy book..Ron too!!!

7. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

Does SVS offer warranty service if you purchase a subwoofer fron another person? In other words is the warranty transferrable?

8. Ron Stimpson

Ron Stimpson Stunt Coordinator

Steve,

Yes, fully transferable.

Ron

9. Robb Roy

Robb Roy Supporting Actor

Fully transferable?! Once again you can color me impressed by SVS.

I am hoping to buy a PB2 Ultra later this year, and I haven't decided if I'm going to sell my 20-39PC+, or use it to demo at people's houses (I occasionally do amateur setups/audio cals at people's homes in the Phoenix valley, and telling people about Internet brands, and hearing them, are completely different stories). It's good to know I can advertise a transferable warranty if I decide to go the route of selling it (I will have to justify to my wife why I'm keeping the previous one that's less than a year old).

-Robb