SVS Pci or Pc+??

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by NghiaTran, Apr 30, 2004.

1. NghiaTran

NghiaTran Agent

Im looking into a new subwoofer and have definately set my mind on SVS due to the many rave reviews. And I like the way it looks too. I just cannot decide if the Pc+ is that much better than the Pci to justify the extra $200+. I do 50/50 music/movies and the room is about 16x12. Has anyone heard a big improvement in the PC+? Is it worth the money? It will be paired with B&w CDM speakers and Rotel gear if that makes any difference. Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Joey_V

Joey_V Second Unit

go pc+ and never look back.

the pc+ outdoes the pci by about 80% at its stock tuning... plus lets not forget the variable tuning abilities of the pc+ series.

go for the pc+ because as tom says: 1PC+ = 1.8PCi

that makes it simple doesnt it... spend the extra 200 hundred man!!

no wait.. scratch that... go for the PCUltra!! mwahahaha.... [​IMG]

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Hi NghiaTran,

Could you fill us in on your general listening level habits? How high is your ceiling and are there openings in your room?

4. Nick Breckon

Nick Breckon Stunt Coordinator

I had the same decision to make, and I finally ended up going with the PC+. Frankly, I wish I had gotten the PB2+. The PC+ is an enormous amount of power, but now I just want more. Like Joe says, go PC+ without a second thought.

5. NghiaTran

NghiaTran Agent

My ceiling is 10 ft high with no openings except for french doors. I like to listen to various music from dance to rock. How musical of a sub is the PC+?

6. Joey_V

Joey_V Second Unit

the sub is very musical... i got the 25-31PC+ because i figured that it would be tighter than the bigger cylinders.... but im sure that the 20-39 size is a-ok too - since the ultras are based off that size, and it is the most popular svs tube size around.

the sub keeps up with my m22s very easily - no boom boom... it is very defined and very nimble - shocking for its size, i know!

dont worry about svs musicality or its ability in ht. svs makes very good subs - probably the best in its price class, and these subs are good at anything u throw at it.

what u have to worry about, is how big of a sound u want, how low u want it to go, and how much u are willing to spend... not to mention, how much u want to avoid an upgrade in the future by going LARGE now.

[​IMG] either way... enjoy this svs adventure of yours, it took me 3 weeks before i bought mine.

edit:
    regarding the room size...
    if u want to play loud, the pc+ is enough for you.... however, if you want to play at reference levels with ease, the pc+ might get to within 5db or less... but u might be better off with a pb2+ to really pound it home. pb2i gives a little more spl than the pc+... and is considered the best overall svs sub taking into account its price.

7. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

With a 1920 CF HT room closed off you would be sitting good with both options. The PLUS would give you more headroom and could deliver at a higher listening level. >>How musical of a sub is the PC+?