What's new

SVS pci info is here!!! (1 Viewer)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Guys,

Don't know how you all dug up this DRAFT page but it is not functional yet. Visit if you like but we did not release it so browse at your own risk.

I'll have a formal announcement up tonight, for now I'd just as soon have Admin here take this thread down so folks don't try to order prematurely.

Ron

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
cool.

Question for the SVS guys:

Is this PCi the same as the planned PC+ or is there going to be 2 different lines?

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Yes, I also received the email and registered for the giveaway. Thanks for the awesome work guys.

Mike Kao

Second Unit
Awesome! Now how, may I ask, does the new PCi line compare performance wise with the CS+ subs?

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Are the original PC's being discontinued? I would imagine so since you can get more for less in the PCi's. Great job incorperating the BASH technology too!

DonnyD

Screenwriter
You guys that are entering the contest.... how do you add a link to the email showing you're an active member????

Jeff Brink

Stunt Coordinator
Now the real waiting begins! I am on board for one of the 25-31s - hopefully tuned to 22Hz! Not real sure how I am going to make it through the next few weeks until it arrives. Kudos to Ron and Tom and all the SVS people for seemingly accomplishing what is basically unheard of in the business world today - improving the product AND lowering its cost.:emoji_thumbsup:

Alexis

Stunt Coordinator
What I would really like to see is a powered CS plus series. It looks like they can use the same enclosure as the CSi with the new three port top from the plus.

Then you would get the better driver and some a tuneable port frequency. One thing that is odd is that with the plus series, each marginal step in extension only costs another $50, but with the other subs it is about a $100 differential between subs within a line. Should the difference be the same since the only thing that is changing in each case is the height of the enclosure and port lengths?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi guys, it appears as if HTF and SVS got our wires crossed a tiny bit. No blood,no foul though...:)
give us a few hours to tidy up the page and we'll begin talking about preorders and the contest.
1)the PC+ will use 3 3" ports,the new dB12 driver and a completely different BASH amp :) It's brother in bass is the CS+. The PCi brother in bass is the CS.
2)the PCi is the powered version of the CS series....it's not designed to match the CS+ performance wise.
$549-$749, 320+ BASH watts,new improved driver...same old SVS customer support...anyone interested?
TV

Alexis

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,
We must have posted at the same time. :) I do see the PC+ series mentioned. Sounds good!

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>Should the difference be the same since the only thing that is changing in each case is the height of the enclosure and port lengths?

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
TV,

I've seen quotes about the performance of the 'plus' line being 80% of the Ultra. How close will the perfomance of the PCi be to that of the PC+? I've been waiting for the introduction of the PC+ but if the new PCi gets close then maybe that's the better option, especially since you've said that the PC+ won't be around til 'maybe' late spring.

Dzung Pham

Second Unit
Can the new amps in the PCi line be made to fit the original PC subs? In other words, is it possible to upgrade the driver and amp on the PC, thus making a PCi?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>TV,
I've seen quotes about the performance of the 'plus' line being 80% of the Ultra. How close will the perfomance of the PCi be to that of the PC+? I've been waiting for the introduction of the PC+ but if the new PCi gets close then maybe that's the better option, especially since you've said that the PC+ won't be around til 'maybe' late spring>Can the new amps in the PCi line be made to fit the original PC subs? In other words, is it possible to upgrade the driver and amp on the PC, thus making a PCi?

David Head

Second Unit
Congratulations Tom and Ron on the new additions! It almost sounds like we should be passing out cigars! :)
What's the lowest the 25-31 PCi can be tuned - 22 Hz?
David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks