What's new

SVS PC Ultra Owners (1 Viewer)

Mike Reeter

Agent
Has anyone received their PC Ultra yet? I'm just itchin to place an order,but I'd like to hear some "hands on reviews" first...Thanks,Mike

ScottCarr

Second Unit
there is a post onthe homethearterspot.com with some happy owners

I am still waiting for my pair ordered on Jan 23.
Hopefully next week.

TimRP

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine yesterday, of which I pre-ordered it mid Jan or there abouts. I watched the THX ultimate demo disc, Finding Nemo (the darla scene), and Dark City so far. I had an atlantic tech 352PBM, and of course the SVS trounces it. I probaly could have gotten away with a + instead of the Ultra, but I wanted every last bit of proformance for the dollar I could get. I'll know more about its atributes after this weekends movie fest, I think we are going to watch X2:X-Men United and maybe LOTR extened edition and possibly others.

Mike Reeter

Agent
Tim,Sounds good,I could easily get along with the PB2-ISD,but I really like the looks and the smaller footprint of the PC Series...throw in U-571 and maybe some Matrix while your at it...Thanks for your reply,Mike

TimRP

Stunt Coordinator
Just got done watching X2, wow, the damn breaking scene, the night crawler attck, ETC., all sounded great! This thing makes my Atlantic seem like a toy. Great bass, I just can't say how much I like this thing.

Off to watch more movies...

Tim

TimRP

Stunt Coordinator
Just finished LOTR:FOTR extened version. The thing that strikes me right off the bat with this movie is that there seemed to be more scenes with earth shattering bass then what I remember. Its such a cliche but its like watching the movie for the first time.

Off to watch more movies...

TommyL

Supporting Actor
take a few measurements from that darla scene...that trolls low, and hits hard:) I wouldn't be afraid of the SVS buying man..I've owned 2 and won't switch:) Great CS, and if ya don't like it, your only out the shipping...my guess...you'll be keeping it!

TimRP

Stunt Coordinator
Just finished watching Fantasia 2000 and the Matrix. Not that Fantasia is a bass-ey movie, but it showed to me that the SVS can play music just fine. Now on the other hand, the Matrix showed the depths that the SVS can play at. Like I said earlier in this thread, its like watching the movie for the first time all over again. Much better bass than what I had. :D

Oh, I should probably list the equipment and room that I am experiencing all this in and with:

Kenwood 6070 (as a pre-amp only)
three Crown XLS 402 (L,C,R,LS,RS,6 aura shakers in 3 rows)
one Crown XLS 202 (LR,RR)
Atlantic Tech system 350 for fronts, and side surrounds
KLH Model HT-300AW for the rear surrounds (I Know, not the best)
Room is 12'x19'x7'6" for a total of 1710 cubic feet

I have a brother inlaw that does pro-sound installs, and has a laptop/external sound card/pricey test microphone for doing EQ calibrations. And he is bringing his rig up some time next month, of which I have a Rane THX 44 EQ and the single band PEQ on the ultra standing by ready to be setup properly. Can't wait for this to be dialed in that much more, should sound fantastic! (which it already does) :b

ps: Oh, I haven't even touched the port tuning, that is something I'll do when my brother inlaw comes.

Mike Reeter

Agent
Tim,It seems as you are very happy so far,which you should be...you've got a hell of a sub,I'm not affraid to order an SVS,I just want to be sure I get the right one for our area...we have about 3350^3 with a 10x8 opening into another 2000^3...I should probably get a PB2-ISD or the PB2+,but,I just don't like the idea of luggin around a 120 lbs. box...

That's why the PC-Ultra looks so appealing to me,the looks and the small footprint,I just don't know if the Ultra will have enough "umph" to fill our area with no problems...and I can't afford to buy a pair...I know I can return it,if it won't fit the bill...just don't want the hasslee...

Oh well, Tim enjoy your new toy

Zack_R

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

I have a single CS-Ultra in a 7,500+ cubic foot basement and I can assure you there is plenty of oomph. In it's stock to tune it plays flat down to 16-17 hz. If I had either of the PB2's I'd have to plug at least one port to get that kind of extension.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Wow sounds like an awsome sub. I think the PC-Ultra is the way Im going to go. Either that or a PB2+.... Cant decide.

Mike Reeter

Agent
Whoa,Zach,Thank you a TON...Our set-up is also in our basement...I'm ordering the Ultra today...You have really helped me make the decision...

Thanks again,Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks