SVS PC-Plus woofer options?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Sloan, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Mike Sloan

Mike Sloan Second Unit

May 18, 2002
    I wonder why the SVS guys didn't use the TC-Sounds "TV-12" super-woofer in the PC-Plus enclosure...sounds like they have the must be something else.I would hate to think it was a marketing decision.I wish they made a self powered sub that was comparable to the Ultra! Some day...[​IMG]
  2. Andrew Santos

Andrew Santos Stunt Coordinator

Nov 29, 2001
    do any other subwoofers use that driver? too bad they're oem only.
  3. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Jun 2, 2001
    In case you didn't get this in response to your e-mail to us:
    It make look like an easy *throw together*...but there are always plenty of issues that need to be ironed out along the way. For example, A powered Ultra would weigh much more than anything else we have shipped. So doing we would have to give the design to our boxing engineer sub-contractors and let them come up with several shipping options we could pick from. Then we would have to test each one out in real world(UPS) shipments. This single issue could take several months to finalize...and there are plenty of other un-thought of issues too...[​IMG]
    So the a PC_Ultra isn't around the corner, but it may show up in 2003 for example.
    Tom V.
    No one else uses that woofer. It was developed between us and TC-Sounds and was intended to simply be the best woofer they could make, regardless of cost. While we might adapt it to other SVS products, you won't be seeing it show up in any other brand of home subwoofers. Having spent months working on refinement (even the voice coil is unique) you can imagine we're pretty proud of it. We know some pretty famous $5,000 subwoofers that don't have drivers this good.
    While we have considered an upgrade plan for folks with the older type Ultra driver (which, more because of enclosure limitations yields only a bit less performance than the current version, which has been in all CS-Ultras since Jan 02 in any case), even that would be strictly limited to validated CS-Ultra owners ... and it wouldn't be inexpensive either. We'll be revisting that issue after the PC-Plus line is running at full capacity.