SVS PC Plus preorders

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Miles Abbey, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Miles Abbey

Miles Abbey Agent

Does anyone have any updates as to the status of the pc plus preorders? Are they going to ship in 3 weeks (last week of August) or will it be in September. I'm pretty anxious about this sub!!

2. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

We're still shooting on the first going out the door on or about the last week of the month.

Orders coming in now will likely be early SEP.

Any changes to the plan will be posted on the SVS news page.

Ron

3. Jeffrey Chin

Jeffrey Chin Second Unit

i believe the latest news from svs is sept6.
    i just ordered a 16-46pc+
    ALL YOUR BASS ARE BELONG TO US! [​IMG]

4. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Yes,
    We've officially slipped about two weeks (we hope to limit it to that, but work continues). You can read the update here.
    [​IMG]
    But hey, at least you can get a peek at the amp now! (This is a working pre-production prototype, thus the somewhat dicey pic. Some screw placements and art work will be changed a bit, but the above is representative otherwise.)
    We regret the delay very much, but based on Tom's testing I think those early adopters out there will feel it was worthwhile. Given the price point this is quite possibly a bigger achievement on a price/performance ratio than our PCi subs. We're shooting hard to have the first subs out before 6 SEP now.
    Ron

5. Jeffrey Chin

Jeffrey Chin Second Unit

it is now sept6
    anyone else overzealous about their preorder?
    [​IMG]

6. ricky ho

ricky ho Stunt Coordinator

yes[​IMG]

7. Aaron Cooke

Aaron Cooke Second Unit

I think i read on another forum that they are planning to start production next monday (the 9th). I would assume they would start shipping the day after that. It's gonna be a big week. I should get my SVS 20-39 PC+, I just ordered a Klipsch RF-7 and RC-7, and the Outlaw 950's have started shipping again (although since i didn't get on the wait list until april, i doubt they'll be up to me by next week) I think i'm gonna need to use up some of my vacation time very very soon! [​IMG]

8. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Hi Guys, the amps are due to ship out of Indigo today. We are using express service to have them delivered to SVS on Monday(barring some unpredicted border crossing holdup)...don't ask what it costs to *express* a bunch of pallets of sensitive electronic gear [​IMG]
    I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation call yet, but I was led to believe "worst case" would be SVS having the amps by Tuesday. Once the amps arrive,we'll begin PC+ shipments the same day. The construction of the PC+ and the QC checks for them are much more time consuming than our standard PCi lineup...so it will probably take 5-7 business days to ship all current preorders.
    Obviously, we apologize for the delays as we have slipped about 2 weeks now...but believe me...this wasn't a case of lack of effort [​IMG]
    TV

9. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

SVS subs are always worth the wait.

10. Jeffrey Chin

Jeffrey Chin Second Unit

11. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Not that anyone has asked for it or anything ;^) but there's an update on our News page about the shipping. It's something of a "death by 1,000 cuts" I'm afraid, in terms of suspense anyway.

The long and short of it is that our first pallet of amps are prepped and will be cleared for shipment after a few more test amps complete some extended burn-in tests we asked for.

When they are finally off we expect the first PC-Plus subs to ship within 48 hours or so. That moment has not yet arrived but it's now... imminent.

This is easily the most awaited event at SVS since the first PC intro (way back in the Jurrasic period of June 01). As our sixth new model you can bet no one is more eager to see the PC-Plus hit the streets than us. ;^)

Ron

12. Tommy_W

Tommy_W Extra

can you give me a rough estimate on how many preorders you have? I just wanted to get a little better idea of where I stand on the list [​IMG] Although my speakers are going to be coming late because they are out of stock [​IMG] I still can't wait to set up the svs! Think my order number was something like 4772

13. Jeffrey Chin

Jeffrey Chin Second Unit

I'm order 5128.
    Had I known that I wasn't going to get charged until the sub shipped, I would have ordered sooner
    [​IMG]

14. Tom Vodhanel

Just a quick update, thanks to Indigo working all weekend...and Ron and I calling them about every 10 minutes...they have shipped the first couple pallets of the new S500 SVS PC+ amp.

We are using express shipping,but since the amps didn't ship until just a few minutes ago we probably won't see them at SVS until WED. Long story short--I expect to begin shipping the PC+ subs on WED...and to be caught up on all pre-orders about 5 business days after that.

TV

15. ricky ho

ricky ho Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the update Tom.[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Jeffrey Chin

Jeffrey Chin Second Unit

17. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

Once again, I'll take bets that the 25-31 PC+ will be THE best selling SVS sub EVER....by a wide margin...and for quite some time to come.

Still wish that Tom & Ron would humor those of us that are looking for a small Velo HGS competitor though. :^)
    I know..."don't hold your breath"....

18. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Jeff,

Yes the PC-Plus comes with a nice beefy detachable cord. Truth be told it's not different that what we already include with the PCi though.

Randy,

You just never know what Tom is going to pull out of his bag of tricks next (well, I do, but you know what I mean). Let's just say we're aware that folks would like to see SVS's (that live up to their reputation) that are not cylinders. Never mind that cylinders will always maintain an inherent advantage in a price/performance ratio in most instances. A Velo HGS competitor from SVS is certainly not out of the question (just don't expect it to surface this month ;^).

Ron

19. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

Ron,

Well, I guess that all I can do is hope...

Practically speaking, if you guys actually STOooped to making a box speaker, I would hope that you wouldn't compete against your good friend "the doctor". I doubt you could surpass his output by THAT much in a similar sized box, nor could you make the same a whole lot cheaper.
    BUT...I'm thoroughly convinced that you could vacuum up some serious cash by competing in the Velodyne/Sunfire arena. I've been looking for a competitor to the HGS-12 for some time now, and even though I can get it at cost(I kinda "work" with a Velo dealer), I can't help thinking that you folks could come out with something either cheaper or better(or both???) in a similar sized(14in.^3) box. And while we're talking about an "SVS Mini", it'd be nice to have the amplification built in, performance of 95-100db(in room) at 20hz. :^)
    And yes, I fully acknowledge that a minicube is a loser in the price/performance category, but I neither expect nor need PC+ performance in a minicube.

still prayin'

20. Tom Vodhanel

>>>Practically speaking, if you guys actually STOooped to making a box speaker, I would hope that you wouldn't compete against your good friend "the doctor". I doubt you could surpass his output by THAT much in a similar sized box, nor could you make the same a whole lot cheaper.