SVS PC+ placement

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Mike Howard, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Mike Howard

Mike Howard Extra

Because of placement constraints, I was considering laying the 20-39PC+ on its side behind the sofa. My sofa is located nearly against the rear wall of my listening room. Would this type of placement have any negative effects on the performance of the sub?

2. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Mike,

This is actually a pretty common configuration. As long as the amp is free and cables aren't pinched you can do this just fine. You will want to check your calibration after moving it from any other location, but this is true regardless if you are laying it down or not.

Ron

3. Mike Howard

Mike Howard Extra

Ron,

Thanks for the advice. I don't yet have my SVS, I just placed my order a few days ago. I was hoping this type of placement would not be detrimental, because I may not have another option. Oh how nice it will be when I have a dedicated HT room, where I can put my sub wherever it most desires to be.

4. Philip>L

Philip>L Stunt Coordinator

Please excuse my curiousity, but how can a cylindrical subwoofer take up LESS space by laying it down than by standing it up? Why not just stand it up in the same place?

5. Mike Howard

Mike Howard Extra

Phil,

The idea is to have it out of sight. My HT currently resides in our Living Room. And over the years we have acquired large pieces of furniture that now inhabit all the prime locations for a subwoofer.