SVS PC+ orders anyone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron Cooke, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Aaron Cooke

Aaron Cooke Second Unit

Has anyone else preordered their new SVS PC+ model yet? I just placed my order (for a 20-39) and got order #4531. For some reason I didn't think preorders were starting until midnight tonight...i'm glad i checked when i did. Please tell me orders didn't start with #1! It's gonna be a long enough wait until August as it is. [​IMG]

2. Timmy K

Timmy K Auditioning

I couldn't wait after hearing this news! Hope it's okay. Order # 4538... It's going to be hard waiting!!

3. ricky ho

ricky ho Stunt Coordinator

placed mine for a 16-46. my order# is4537.[​IMG] can't wait.
    i was pleasantly surprised that they opened the link this early[​IMG]

4. Gavin McCullough

Order #4535

but ordered for a friend....guess i have to live with my 20-39CS for a while longer (love that sub...but i'm sure setting up my friends will trigger my up-graditis that i never thought i would get for a sub after buying my svs over a year ago...that was order 429 at svs so the boys (tom and ron) must be doing ok....)

5. Brian Burgoyne

Brian Burgoyne Second Unit

I'm 4536. I stayed up til midnight last night before I read that the orders wouldn't start til midnight tonight. I didn't check until about 11 am, Central Time, so that is when I ordered.

6. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Order buttons were inadvertantly activated by someone at SVS. We agreed to flipping the switch on orders at midnight tonight (that's still a few hours off I'm afraid). A few folks got thru when the links were hot.

Visit later tonight (2AM EST (EDT?)) or 11:59PM MST since I'm in Colorado and get to sleep later than everone on the east coast. Sorry for the confusion.

We're still working hard on getting the final components in place for August, a delay of a few more hours shouldn't be too painful. It's what we agreed to it's just that someone jumped the gun.

Ron

7. Joey Ford

Joey Ford Agent

This is funny, I was browsing the site and saw that pc+ order page was active. Then, I strolled over here and read this thread, clicked back to SVS and the order page was removed [​IMG]
    BIG QUESTION
    The only difference between the CS+ and the PC+ is the amplifer and other electronic features? So, if I already have my own powered amplifier, then I could simply purchase the CS+ and save $220?
    Can someone verify this?
    Thank you,
    Joey

8. Jeff_M

Jeff_M Stunt Coordinator

I ordered while the links were still hot (thank you corporate internet access!).... My order is #4543. Do I need to order again tonight, am I all set? Now I am a little nervous...

9. Joey Ford

Joey Ford Agent

No answer on the Cs+ vs PC+ ??

Erik ??

10. erikk

erikk Stunt Coordinator

Hey Joey;

The CSPlus and PCPlus and would be the same except for the "electronic" features. That encompasses quite a lot tho (crossover, auto-on, phase, subsonic filter, etc). But if you had an adequate amp already sitting around doing nothing, and don't want any of the features of the PCPlus then you should definitely consider saving the money and getting the CSPlus.

11. Robin Casady

Robin Casady Agent

Darn. I've been watching that page since Sunday night, but missed the early window.

12. Andy Swindler

Andy Swindler Auditioning

Those wacky SVS guys jumped the gun again and I just placed my order for my SV20-39PC Plus at 12:45 CST. Order #4553. I can't wait!

Andy

13. Robin Casady

Robin Casady Agent

4556 [​IMG]

14. Miles Abbey

Miles Abbey Agent

4572 I can't wait. I want to be prepared for when it arrives. Does anyone know where I can buy a calibration disc that plays low frequencies?

15. Andy Swindler

Andy Swindler Auditioning

You can buy Avia or Video Essentials pretty much anywhere, Best Buy, order online at any major DVD house, etc. I use Avia, I believe either would serve you. It would also be good to pick up one of those sound meters from Radio Shack.

Andy