SVS PC line on hold?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnnyHK, Feb 14, 2002.

1. JohnnyHK

JohnnyHK Stunt Coordinator

Yikes, the SVS PC line is on hold until the end of the month. What's the scoop Tom and Ron?

2. Jim Prillaman

Jim Prillaman Stunt Coordinator

I noticed that earlier today myself (starting to think about what sub to get for my system, leaning toward a 25-31PC). I wonder of the "PCi" change will include anything other than the new drivers they've been talking about in this thread...

3. JohnnyHK

JohnnyHK Stunt Coordinator

Those drivers were already in use in the PC line though. I think Tom and Ron must have an additional improvement in store for us. Perhaps a larger amp to take advantage of the improved drivers? A change to the tri-port design used on the plus line? Turbo charging? [​IMG]
    Could they make our choices any more difficult! [​IMG]

4. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Give us a bit to catch out breath,

In the past couple of months we've

1)managed to maintain a relatively short waiting period on orders,even though demand has approx doubled. If anyone thinks this happens by accident...take a look at other internet based companies...

2)introduced a new product line(CS+)with 3 distinct models

3)introduced a new style grille assembly

4)introduced the port block offs.

5)introduced and implemented a new driver for the PC/CS lines

6)arranged beta testing for the new driver to determine if an upgrade would as worth while as we thought at SVS(it is).

7)maintained our unparalleled email support response.

8)have a SVS *black box* in final design stages(I just put the proto type thru it's paces yesterday)...subsonic filtering,18v gain,continuous phase...we should have it in inventory in 4 weeks or so.(not bad...going from idea-->proto type-->inventory in 6 weeks?)

9)implemented a new CS_U baseplate(going with birch for the CS_U and the standard MDF for the CS+/CS/PC)to eliminate our only current damage issue....CS_U baseplate cracking

10) finalized the SS driver design(after a god awful amount of tweaking). I was on the phone with Thilo from TCsounds almost daily working on ideas for this...I think we've hit a homerun...

And probably a few other things I'm forgetting, and definitely a few other things we won't talk too much about for a few days.

We'll likely start a little *preorder* list with all the details by the end of FEB. I'm thinking this might be our longest list to date...

TV

5. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

>>...and definitely a few other things we won't talk too much about for a few days.
    We'll likely start a little *preorder* list with all the details by the end of FEB. I'm thinking this might be our longest list to date...

6. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

Must be a new minisub for all of us Sunfire and Velo HGS enthusiasts, right???!!! :^) breath not being held.

7. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

So, Tom, when exactly do you and Ron sleep? Or have you uncovered an ancient secret that makes sleep unnecessary? If so, I'd like to buy it from you! [​IMG]