What's new

SVS PC+ crossover question (1 Viewer)

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Hello,

I just got my 25-31PC+ hooked up and have a question on the crossover on the sub.

If I have all of my speakers set to small on the receiver and crossed-over at 80Hz and I also have the sub crossover set at 80HZ, should I be hearing a difference when I toggle the sub’s crossover enable/disable switch? I do hear a difference in sound from the sub, but if I am thinking correctly and if the receiver is set up correctly, I was thinking there should be no difference.

Thanks!
Aaron

BobAlbano

Second Unit
If you are using the crossover on the Receiver you should disable the crossover on the sub. You should not hear a difference if you have them set to the same crossover point. The only way that you will hear a difference is if you either disable the one on the receiver and use the one on the sub or adjust the one on the receiver to either a higher or lowere crossover point. I would just disable the one on the sub and let the receiver do the bass management.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
I did read in the SVS manual that they advise to let the receiver do the processing, so I do have it set to DISABLE on the sub.

So I'm guessing something is not set up right if I hear a difference when toggling the switch on the sub?

Aaron

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Aaron,

You'll hear a slight difference.

80hz on the crossover setting is actually the -3dB point. So the signal will be lowered 3dB at 80hz.

If the receiver is already lowpassing the subwoofer signal(like this case) we do recommend bypassing the internal crossover on the subwoofer.

TV

BobAlbano

Second Unit
As always Tom is around to answer any and all questions about SVS products. Where else can you get such great customer service? That is why Tom and Ron have gotten my business 3 times over! I sent a email to Rotel a week ago about a problem that I'm having with a processor that I bought from them. I'm still waitiing for a response.:angry:

Zack_R

Stunt Coordinator
You may also want to try experimenting with the polarity or phase. I have a CSU and reversing the polarity gave me 3-4 more dbs of sound and a much flatter +/-2 frequency response from 20 - 200 hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks