SVS PB2-Ultra quote

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Robb Roy, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Robb Roy

Robb Roy Supporting Actor

This is from another forum asking questions about the PB2-Ultra:

2. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

That just makes it even more kick ass!

3. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

After I purchased the dual PB2+ I caught hints of whats to come and opted to dump the PB2+ once I get the PBUltras.

Is it mid-october yet?

scott

4. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Scott your as bad as I when it comes to upgradeitis... I sure am glad I have an understanding wife....Actually I love my single PB2+ and it really puts out enough of what we need in our large family room for those movie bass moments. However you always wonder what the next up would be like. Would it actually peal the paint instead of just shaking the pictures off the walls ya know. I would love to try a PB4 but then you have the hassle of selling or shipping this one back. What to do?

5. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

Mike
    I fell into an awesome situation for some part time work at a Major University in Boston. the pay is unreal so I fiugured I would treat myself.

After spending 14 year s in the Navy and 10 under water.on a sub I am making up for a little lost time. well thats the excuse I am using...

Scott

6. Mark All

Mark All Second Unit

7. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

Mark,

thank you for the kind words.

Scott

8. Arthur Vino

Arthur Vino Stunt Coordinator

Now gimme 20.. Hertz that is..
    [​IMG]

9. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    All I know is that the PB2 Ultra is worth the wait. I think I have the only beta model so far. It is in the same finish as the PB2+. It does not include the Parametric EQ but SVS has assured me that if this is included I will be able to install it. This sub has cured my upgradeitis! I went from the PW2200 to the first 20-39cs to the Paradigm Servo 15 looking for chest thumping bass in a 8000x3 room. The PB2 Ultra delivers. I have it corner loaded with a Von Schweikert S/3 sub which is no slouch either and at -8 below reference on the Lex MC-8 I can feel the room pressurizing on the LOTR Balrog scene. Weighing it at 190 lbs. This beast is fantastic. You made the right decision to wait.
    Cheers,
    Steve

10. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Hey Scott... I'll second the thing about your service and thank you. I was a jarhead at Pearl Harbor in the 70's and we used to eat at the sub base mess all the time as chow was much better there.

11. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

Thank you Mike for your words and service.

I am hoping the Ultra is that much more. While the PB2+ are amazing and find it hard that something can out do it, I truly think if it came on a veneer finish the upgrade would not have bee considered.

12. Robb Roy

I'm with you Scott -- the choice of stains, especially the mercury red, pushed me over the edge the day Ron first hinted at it.

13. ScottCarr

ScottCarr Second Unit

My Ultras will be in mercury red. I took a poll at work,7 men 4 women, 11 out 11 chose the mercury red.

14. Robb Roy

My wife loves cherry wood, so that mercury red PB2-Ultra will be sittin' next to these:

[​IMG]

I like the look of my 20-39 PC+, but the PB2-Ultra with the VR-M90s is just too classy (in my opinion) to pass up.

-Robb